AT&T not carrying the U11 in store??

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So I was at my local corporate store today when I asked about the U11....they did not have any..nor any other HTC..seriously? Lol

juliobx2012

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Only Sprint stores, Amazon, HTC.com sell them here in the US. I went to see it in person at a Sprint store before I purchased the unlocked model to use on AT&T

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So I was at my local corporate store today when I asked about the U11....they did not have any..nor any other HTC..seriously? Lol
It's only available via Sprint if you want to buy from a carrier, or you can buy the unlocked non carrier version from HTC.com or Amazon and use on AT&T.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
It's only available via Sprint if you want to buy from a carrier, or you can buy the unlocked non carrier version from HTC.com or Amazon and use on AT&T.
I switched from Verizon to AT&T today and knew I was getting the S8 Plus but still wanted to see the U11 in person. Lol

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE that there isn't any AT&T carrier bloat on the U11. Clean and awesome.

Although I'd like carrier supported HDVoice and especially WiFi calling. oh well.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I LOVE that there isn't any AT&T carrier bloat on the U11. Clean and awesome.

Although I'd like carrier supported HDVoice and especially WiFi calling. oh well.
I totally agree but with the issues people are having with returning the device, I refuse to go through ANY OEM. I'd rather go through my carrier so I can just go in.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree but with the issues people are having with returning the device, I refuse to go through ANY OEM. I'd rather go through my carrier so I can just go in.

For me, after owning an unlocked phone I will never go back to a carrier phone again. I am on at&t and I get volte fine and if I wanted to use the at&t visual voicemail I can download the app from the play store. I can't get WiFi calling but apparently I have never needed it.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For me, after owning an unlocked phone I will never go back to a carrier phone again. I am on at&t and I get volte fine and if I wanted to use the at&t visual voicemail I can download the app from the play store. I can't get WiFi calling but apparently I have never needed it.

I can pretty much guarantee you that you are not getting VoLTE on AT&T. It isn't supported on the HTC U11.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I worked for Verizon and we quit carrying HTC in store during the HTC One M9 days, they didn't sell. 9/10 people wanted Apple or Samsung, the other 1/10 went with one of the many other phones we carried.

We even got robbed once a few years back, broke into the store in the middle of the night and got into the inventory room. They only stole Apple, Samsung, and LG. The BlackBerry Z10/Q10, Nokia windows phones, HTC phones, and Motorola phones were all left behind, thieves didn't want them lmao.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, we may never see a new HTC flagship phone in an AT&T store again.

Which is super unfortunate. In some ways I love buying unlocked (no carrier bloatware, no contract ties, phone is paid off immediately); but in others, I sometimes miss not having to pay full price if the phone is more expensive. There's also the thing about warranty... I know you could certainly purchase it on your own, but my carrier really made it simple when I'd buy phones with them. They carry (LOOL that pun was not intended) the G6 but not the U11... Hence my dilemma.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Which is super unfortunate. In some ways I love buying unlocked (no carrier bloatware, no contract ties, phone is paid off immediately); but in others, I sometimes miss not having to pay full price if the phone is more expensive. There's also the thing about warranty... I know you could certainly purchase it on your own, but my carrier really made it simple when I'd buy phones with them. They carry (LOOL that pun was not intended) the G6 but not the U11... Hence my dilemma.

Have you checked Best Buy for your phones?

You can get financing through them up to 12- 18 months or sometimes 24 months on both carrier branded if they have them and unlocked phones too.

I've used them before..

Mac

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked Best Buy for your phones?

You can get financing through them up to 12- 18 months or sometimes 24 months on both carrier branded if they have them and unlocked phones too.

I've used them before..

Mac

Thank you so much! It never occurred to me to check Best Buy. LOOL and I call myself a phone geek. Thanks again!!