Question Audio adapter not working on Galaxy A34

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
For my new Galaxy A34, I bought an adapter with ethernet, charging and 3.5 mm audio on one end and USB C on the other. Ethernet and charging work fine, but I get no audio from my earbuds (wired, 3.5 jack) on the A34 with this adapter.
This new adapter with same wired earbuds work on four other Android devices, two are brand new tablets, one of which does not have an audio jack.
3 of the devices didn't have developer options enabled. Doing so on the A34 has not resolved the issue, nor did any other suggestions I found online.
I have tried several different apps, all have full permissions.
Any suggestions appreciated.

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Can you get audio through the headphones without ethernet and charging connected?
Try a music player or radio app etc and check settings.

The Galaxy S8, along with newer S series and some other flagship level phones, has a USB - C 3.1 port on the phone (later became 3.2 iirc ). This also allows video out to a display etc.

The A34 has USB C 2.0 along with the majority of phones.

I can't imagine you will get input and output through the port concurrently, though you say it works on a tablet (all at the same time?).

I can use a cheap usb - C to headphone adapter dongle on my Poco F2 phone, but I don't need it as it has a headphone jack.

I'm wondering if you also need a USB audio DAC converter, but while they will give better music quality I think most devices work without them. IDK

Can you not change the wired ethernet to a wifi signal?

Does anything work better without charging at the same time, or you only charge when the battery is low as normal?

You will have specific needs, I can understand that, but I have never seen such an adapter and surprised it works. Can you contact them?
There is NO audio either with or without ethernet & charging (using this adapter) on my A34. I have tried all possible configurations.

There IS audio on all other Android devices I own, with or without ethernet & charging, using THIS adapter.

I am able to stream videos via ethernet AND hear the audio with this adapter on my Galaxy Tab Lite. If that is what you mean by input and output concurrently?

The charger is only plugged in when the battery is running low, and rarely am I charging while using my devices.

I don't own (or need) an audio jack to USB-C adapter, so I am not able to try that.

WiFi and other wireless devices are not well tolerated by all people. My household includes a person in whom WiFi induces heart arrhythmia. Please check out the research of Magda Havas, a Toronto scientist, if you want more info on that.

Suffice to say, if WiFi could be used in my home, it would be. Who wants to be tethered to a cable all the time? :)

Thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000