Question Audio adapter not working on Galaxy A34

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
For my new Galaxy A34, I bought an adapter with ethernet, charging and 3.5 mm audio on one end and USB C on the other. Ethernet and charging work fine, but I get no audio from my earbuds (wired, 3.5 jack) on the A34 with this adapter.
This new adapter with same wired earbuds work on four other Android devices, two are brand new tablets, one of which does not have an audio jack.
3 of the devices didn't have developer options enabled. Doing so on the A34 has not resolved the issue, nor did any other suggestions I found online.
I have tried several different apps, all have full permissions.
Any suggestions appreciated.

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am not familiar with the term "PD adapter." Here is a link to the one I purchased (hope that's ok to share a link):
That should work, you check My files app if it sees your adapter? If it does tap on it see any settings?

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I bought this for my phone, which only has USB C, no audio jack.
I tested it on my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
When I plug it in, on my tablet it opens a dialog that says,
"File Manager +
Open File Manager + to handle USB2.0 Device
This app has not been granted record permission but could capture audio through this device"
On the tablet I see "USB storage" icon in the My Files folder.
When I plug it into my A34, I don't get that message and don't see "USB Storage" in My Files (File Manager +)

On my A34, Developer options are ON and "Disable USB audio routing" is NOT enabled.

"Default USB configuration" has these options:
Transferring files (tried but no adapter not seen)
USB tethering
MIDI
Transferring images
Charging phone only (currently enabled)

I can change the USB configuration to another choice, but for some reason, I cannot disable all. Must choose one.

A Uni ethernet dongle also works (ethernet only) on the A34, but doesn't show up as USB Storage in My Files. But that dongle doesn't show up on the tablet, either (as USB Storage)

Last edited:

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Possibly your A34 is a budget device and doesn't allow, your tab s6 lite more premium to the A34, can contact Samsung to verify
And what would I ask Samsung, please? Specifically?
Because I absolutely need a dongle that has ethernet AND audio jack adapter. I only have one USB-C and need both functions due to location and hearing status.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And what would I ask Samsung, please? Specifically?
Because I absolutely need a dongle that has ethernet AND audio jack adapter. I only have one USB-C and need both functions due to location and hearing status.
Tell them your A34 not seeing the Adapter in My files app and sound not coming through the adapter

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Samsung was not able to answer the question. The customer support person is going to forward the issue to the OS developers.
The issue is apparently known, because I found several videos discussing it.
This one is in Hindi, if anyone cares to watch and tell me if anything besides what I've already done was suggested?

Reactions: mustang7757

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
~
The issue is apparently known, because I found several videos discussing it.
This one is in Hindi, if anyone cares to watch and tell me if anything besides what I've already done was suggested?
😄 How's anyone supposed to understand that, unless one speaks Hindi !?
~
And would it be possible for you to use Bluetooth ear pods for audio?

When I was considering upgrading my Samsung, I almost didn't due to being so bummed about them no longer building-in the 3.5mm port, which I still think is ridiculous– that they no longer provide one.
Anyways, so I ordered a Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (pair of Bluetooth ear buds– that are connected), model # WI-C100, $18 on amaz, and they work super great. About 6 inches down from the right ear pod there's a module with [On /Off] & [+/– controls] & [Type-C charging port].

Last edited:

becksnyc

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
😄 How's anyone supposed to understand that, unless one speaks Hindi !?

And would it be possible for you to use Bluetooth ear pods for audio?

When I was considering upgrading my Samsung, I almost didn't due to being so bummed about them no longer building-in the 3.5mm port, which I still think is ridiculous– that they no longer provide one.
Anyways, so I ordered a Sony Wireless Stereo Headset (pair of Bluetooth ear buds– that are connected), model # WI-C100, $18 on amaz, and they work super great. About 6 inches down from the right ear pod there's a module with [On /Off] & [+/– controls] & [Type-C charging port].

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Can you get audio through the headphones without ethernet and charging connected?
Try a music player or radio app etc and check settings.

The Galaxy S8, along with newer S series and some other flagship level phones, has a USB - C 3.1 port on the phone (later became 3.2 iirc ). This also allows video out to a display etc.

The A34 has USB C 2.0 along with the majority of phones.

I can't imagine you will get input and output through the port concurrently, though you say it works on a tablet (all at the same time?).

I can use a cheap usb - C to headphone adapter dongle on my Poco F2 phone, but I don't need it as it has a headphone jack.

I'm wondering if you also need a USB audio DAC converter, but while they will give better music quality I think most devices work without them. IDK

Can you not change the wired ethernet to a wifi signal?

Does anything work better without charging at the same time, or you only charge when the battery is low as normal?

You will have specific needs, I can understand that, but I have never seen such an adapter and surprised it works. Can you contact them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000