12-25-2017 08:56 AM
52 123
tools
    Help out fellow U11 owners with anything you found, good, bad, new or different than the previous OS version.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-28-2017 02:51 PM
    That edge sense panel is AWESOME!
    11-28-2017 02:59 PM
    That edge sense panel is AWESOME!
    Can the edge trigger be set for camera when off and the edge sense panel when on?
    11-28-2017 03:04 PM
    By the way does text appear more sharp or am I delusional?
    11-28-2017 03:07 PM
    I guess we're not getting "always on" display the way the U11+ has? Bummer.
    11-28-2017 03:18 PM
    I know not everyone has a smart watch, but I have no need for an AOD. I am so used to having a watch and I already know everything going on with my phone before I even pull it out of my pocket.
    11-28-2017 03:58 PM
    Can the edge trigger be set for camera when off and the edge sense panel when on?
    Right now I have it set up so that a short squeeze pulls up the edge sense panel and the long press squeeze pulls up the camera.
    James E1 likes this.
    11-28-2017 03:58 PM
    What I wish is that HTC would add a third squeeze option...a double squeeze to allow a third shortcut.
    11-28-2017 04:13 PM
    What I wish is that HTC would add a third squeeze option...a double squeeze to allow a third shortcut.
    Edge sense is still in it's infancy. It may be something they do in the future.
    11-28-2017 04:19 PM
    I don't care for AOD it just seems to be a waste of battery. Now pickup the phone and the display come on is another story.
    11-28-2017 04:21 PM
    Right now I have it set up so that a short squeeze pulls up the edge sense panel and the long press squeeze pulls up the camera.
    Never actually set up short and long squeeze. May have to try it.
    11-28-2017 04:22 PM
    Where is this Edge Sense Panel that i hear spoken?

Also, are we able to split screen on the U11? I tried using Google Play Music but was unable.
    11-28-2017 04:53 PM

Also, are we able to split screen on the U11? I tried using Google Play Music but was unable.
    It's actually called the "Edge Launcher." It's an option for short or long press. Pulls up a number of tools, including by a calendar and a rotary launcher along the right-hand side.
    11-28-2017 05:48 PM
    My first question: I know there are different icon shapes, but I can't figure out how to change them. Not sure I like the round shape that's now apparently the default...
    11-28-2017 05:49 PM

Split screen works fine for me. As far as the edge sense panel, go in to settings, edge sense, customize squeeze action and select edge launcher.
    J-Dam likes this.
    11-28-2017 05:50 PM
    Split screen works fine for me. As far as the edge sense panel, go in to settings, edge sense, customize squeeze action and select edge launcher.
    Nice - got it!

Quick tutorial on getting split screen to work?
    11-28-2017 06:26 PM
    Nice - got it!

Quick tutorial on getting split screen to work?
    When in an app press and hold the recent app button. The app your in should shift to the top half of the screen and recent apps should be in the bottom half. Select the second app from the list or navigate to the app you want ( home screen, app drawer) and select and that app should appear in the bottom half of the screen.
    Trigati likes this.
    11-28-2017 06:42 PM
    I don't care for AOD it just seems to be a waste of battery. Now pickup the phone and the display come on is another story.
    And that's what the u11+ has. The option for the display to trigger with motion, be always on, or be always on during select hours. That's why I was excited about it but for now it's not to be for us u11 folks. :-(
    James E1 likes this.
    11-28-2017 07:06 PM
    The pull-down menu is white now when it was black for me before. Haven't been able to find if I can change it.
    11-28-2017 07:18 PM
    I wasn't sure I was going to find the new edge launcher to be particularly useful but wow was I wrong. Love it and it's now my short squeeze (which was previously the phone app). I've got half the wheel set up with all my quick dials and text contacts and the other half with some apps that I use often and some quick setting toggles. I also just discovered that tapping on the calendar brings you into Google Calendar. Cool!
    James E1 likes this.
    11-28-2017 09:31 PM
    Seems faster (I know :-)) but honestly, really seems much smoother after update to Oreo. just been a day but the battery is holding up better for me today.
    11-28-2017 10:48 PM
    What I like is so far it seems smoother. Hopefully I don't have the issue of a push and hold action accidentally swiping the notification shade down. We also now have picture in picture mode. Used Google maps and when I clicked home it made a small window of maps overlaying the desktop.

What I don't like is new emojis are Googles and not HTC's. Also in picture in picture mode sometimes when you click to full screen the app it'll stay zoomed in. So you have to swipe it away and reopen it.
    11-29-2017 01:54 AM
    Actually I'm having a hard time getting PIP videos to work. Using Chrome, I start up a video, make sure it's in full screen mode, hit home, and I'll briefly get the small lower right video screen. But then after a few seconds either the audio cuts out, the small screen will disappear, or it goes back to full screen on its own. I've tried it a bunch of times and not once does it work the way it's supposed to. And with YouTube it doesn't work at all...I start the video, hit home, and the video stops and I get nothing on my home screen at all.
    11-29-2017 08:29 AM
    Actually I'm having a hard time getting PIP videos to work. Using Chrome, I start up a video, make sure it's in full screen mode, hit home, and I'll briefly get the small lower right video screen. But then after a few seconds either the audio cuts out, the small screen will disappear, or it goes back to full screen on its own. I've tried it a bunch of times and not once does it work the way it's supposed to. And with YouTube it doesn't work at all...I start the video, hit home, and the video stops and I get nothing on my home screen at all.
    Same for me. Doesn't work with YouTube. What are the steps there?
    11-29-2017 09:58 AM
    Same for me. Doesn't work with YouTube. What are the steps there?
    You should just be able to start a video in YouTube, hit the home button and that video should be shown in a small window on your home screen. I've seen it working on one of the High Tech Travelers' videos on YouTube with the u11+. Not working at all for me on the u11.
    11-29-2017 10:52 AM
52 123