Android Pie

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone in the U. S. received the 9.0 update on an unlocked HTC U11? I keep seeing articles that it is rolling out to North America, but nothing on mine yet.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
They have been saying that for months. I think they are hoping everyone gets something else. i bet we never get it.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Seems stable to me so far. Battery drain is about the same as what I got on Oreo. Nothing's really crashed yet, although the ePub reader I use (Bookari) now sometimes resets itself to the beginning of a book. Not sure if that's related to Pie, or something that just cropped up. And one really old app showed an app compatibility warning when I started it, but I kind of expected that. Otherwise, it seems fine so far.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
A little bit more. So far for me, the Pie update has about the same battery life as Oreo, and it seems a bit more stable, too. On Oreo, I typicall had to restart the phone every 14 to 16 days because it would slow down, and WiFi or Bluetooth wouldn't connect. Right now on Pie, I'm at the 18 day mark and it still seems okay.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
i just got android pie this morning dec ninth on my locked htc u eleven and all seems great really like it . Live in eastern U.S .

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I, too, updated my Sprint U11 to Pie today. So far, no problems. About time. Might be able to hold off another year until 5G arrives or Sprint merges or goes bankrupt.

chaibaby

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I updated yesterday and everything works smoothly this far. However, I can't find it anywhere in the setting to turn on mobile hotspot. Anyone else is experiencing the same issue?I have a Sprint version of U11.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I updated yesterday and everything works smoothly this far. However, I can't find it anywhere in the setting to turn on mobile hotspot. Anyone else is experiencing the same issue?I have a Sprint version of U11.

Yep. Mobile Hotspot is now missing from the Wireless and Networks Menu. Used to be under More dropdown menu. System App called Wi-Fi Hotspot is installed, curiously. No way to turn it on.

chaibaby

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First, input ##brand# with phone dialer to reset Sprint branding provisions and reboot your phone. If that doesn't restore the setting option, you need to input ##72786# to start hands free activation mode. After that finished, reboot your phone. I was able to get the setting option restored by following these 2 steps. Let me know how it goes.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
First, input ##brand# with phone dialer to reset Sprint branding provisions and reboot your phone. If that doesn't restore the setting option, you need to input ##72786# to start hands free activation mode. After that finished, reboot your phone. I was able to get the setting option restored by following these 2 steps. Let me know how it goes.

I required both of those steps, but the hotspot is restored Many thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non