Wow, this forum is a ghost town! :-(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The sad part is HTC doesn't have much of a presence in mobile stores or in retailers. This isn't helping their name recognition.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had tons of button issues since my second or third day with it, but only the VOL- button. The PWR and VOL+ buttons work fine. The issue is actually that when any pressure is applied to the back of the phone, it senses that as pressure on the VOL- button. It's easy to work around once you recognize what is happening, but an $850 (I got the 128GB blue) shouldn't need a work-around. It gets annoying when you are on a call holding the phone to your ear or holding it in landscape while playing a game or watching video, or having it in your back pocket while listening to music.

I know there is an update out now that seems to really correct these issues, but it hasn't hit mine yet. Other than that, I love the phone. Pictures and video are fantastic, battery life is ok (not as great as it could be) and the screen is crisp and bright.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's a shame b/c it's a great phone, and I've had 0 issues with mine. I wish the battery life was a bit better, but other than that I love it. I haven't had any "button" issues either. Really the only issue I've had with the buttons is the placement of the power button feels a little low so it makes it difficult for me to do the double tap for one handed mode.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I watched Alex Dobie's (AC writer) re-review post button update and he says it make the phone completely usable again. He now recommends this phone. So now I want to try it out since the buttons are supposedly fixed.

Jjeune

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Update is available now in US. Downloading now from Chicago.
aca0bf94c53968c57f7ea7bb8ba4d0f7.jpg

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you purchase it via HTC.com or did you get it somewhere else? I'm tempted to go take a look at one but not sure where they are being sold.

If purchased from HTC you have a 30 day no question asked return policy. I returned the solar red U11 and had no problem returning or getting a refund. Ordered the sapphire blue instead.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If purchased from HTC you have a 30 day no question asked return policy. I returned the solar red U11 and had no problem returning or getting a refund. Ordered the sapphire blue instead.

yeah, unfortunately, when I got the U11 from their website and returned it, it took me almost 2 months to get my money back. I payed with paypal and almost opened a dispute but kept being patient but on top of them to return the money. I won't buy from their website again. I was hoping to find a good 3rd party site.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is fine, but they only have the 64GB Ceramic Black in stock. Neither size of the Translucent Blue, though they do have some overseas dual-SIM versions sold by third parties. They also have some warehouse deals/returns that can save a pretty good amount of money. That's where I got my 64GB blue after waiting for new ones to get back in stock. It doesn't even seem they'll be restocking the 64GB blue, and the 128GB blue has been out of stock for a few weeks.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I think I will buy this when it hits around 600. I currently have the pixel XL. Not really interested in the 3s

And the experience is made even better with the recent addition of...
Cryptokitties!!!!!!
I'm still trying to figure this out. Haha.
Still on the June security update???
Oh well, still the best for me. It's HTC

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
HTC was always one of the brands widely seen even in stores back when smartphones were nascent.

People would have seen their logo in many places back then, so how can it be said that HTC "is not a known brand"?

I don't get people.