How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I looked around on the harmonica site..
Says that it has wi-fi tether...
so does it mean it will work without having to pay $15 to VM?
and will this rooting guide and the harmonica rom work on the Evo V 4G regardless if it has Sprint logo or VM logo?
Sorry for asking, but I don't have the phone yet, so I wanted to know..

Yes for both questions.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast.

wesley90687

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to root my phone, i got as far as highlighting my token. When i right click to try to copy my token nothing appears and the token just unhighlights it self. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help me? I'm trying to root my phone, i got as far as highlighting my token. When i right click to try to copy my token nothing appears and the token just unhighlights it self. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Try using cntrl-c keyboard shortcut to copy.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

whbisondtr

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
i went through all these steps sucessfully, checked "reboot if sucessful", it rebooted right away after selecting flash zips now. but my phone is NOT rooted!!!! any thoughts?

whbisondtr

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
ok, i got this thing to root, yay! but i have no wifi, is this a normal problem? its not ahuge deal but would liketo get back at some point. also having problems with titanium backup,its not loading in??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks!!

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
ok, i got this thing to root, yay! but i have no wifi, is this a normal problem? its not ahuge deal but would liketo get back at some point. also having problems with titanium backup,its not loading in??? any help would be appreciated.. thanks!!

Try a complete wipe and reflash your rom.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The root & unlock went without a problem. Great work on the instructions! Now to get rid of the BLOAT!!! Thanks again!

tennis77

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Awesome guide, very easy to follow along. I am experiencing a problem though. When I try to flash the superuser.zip file in twrp, it doesn't fully install. It gives me the error message error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 0)

After rebooting, I saw that I did have the superuser app icon, but when I tried to open a root app, like titanium backup, it said I did not have root access. I updated superuser from the market, and it still said I didn't have root access. Why is twrp not fully installing the superuser.zip? any help on the error message is greatly appreciated!

pedplar

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't get root. I was able to unlock the bootloade but when I try to flash the su zip it reboots the phoe but no superuser is installed.

Edit. Finally got it. Tried it again and worked.

Last edited:

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
okay... first i downloaded EVERYTHING!!! now i cant even get the comand to work... i've been at this for... 2 hours. and still cant get anything even the cd C:\sdk-tools after that it say cant find file. then i type int the reboot bootloader or something like that and it's not doing a THING!!! so now... im still at a loss...... HELP!!! message if you have to....

ok just got it to go to the sdk tools.. but now nothing... it says adb isn't recognized...

ok... it's been three hours an now still no sucess.... and i've followed leslieAnn's way on VMroms and now this thread... i still have no luck... soo.. if someone could point ANYTHING out that'd be awesome.

Last edited:

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No. After I type in adb reboot bootloader it say no command found. Ask works but nothing in it works...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

cr8rec

May 14, 2011
Visit site
you mentioned halfway though the steps that i shouldnt be connected to usb, well i switched it to usb 2.0 and it still says waiting for device no matter what i try...

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No. After I type in adb reboot bootloader it say no command found.

Again. If you followed the steps correctly, this should not have been an issue. No command found = You didn't put the files where they were supposed to go; you don't know how to create folders or you don't know how to navigate command prompt to get to those folders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38