screen - pentile or not?

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think HTC has done an AMOLED screen on any of its products to date. Sammy pretty much has had that locked up. I think the RAZR might have one, though. It doesn't matter much. I'm going with this phone.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think HTC has done an AMOLED screen on any of its products to date. Sammy pretty much has had that locked up. I think the RAZR might have one, though. It doesn't matter much. I'm going with this phone.

Pentile matrix doesn't have to be on an AMOLED display. The Atrix has an LCD screen with pentile matrix. The Captivate has a Super AMOLED with pentile matrix. Super LCD on HTC phones don't, so that is promising.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I know it's late to the thread, but HTC was the first to put AMOLED in a phone. The nexus one used pentile AMOLED (not super).

But since then, I think only the legend used an AMOLED.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Having mine now for a day of getting it set up, I love this screen! Everyone else can have what they want, and I'm sure I'm going to want the 1080p screen that will likely be available in June 2013 for my next upgrade. For this phone cycle, this phone suits me just fine.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I hated pentile on matrix. If this screen is jndeed pentile then I have changed my mind about it, because this screen is absolutely beautiful. Stop worrying to much people. This comes from a previous pentile hater.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who doesn't want a phone with a pentile screen should probably prepare to not buy a smartphone ever again. Pentile is the future of displays(at least for the forseeable future)

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Either way I'm enjoying my Vivid. It does have an awesome screen - bright and clear, with sharp details. IMO it's much nicer then the harsh colors of Samsung's AMOLED.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who doesn't want a phone with a pentile screen should probably prepare to not buy a smartphone ever again. Pentile is the future of displays(at least for the forseeable future)

tell that to one of the most advanced displays out right now, the 1280x720 non-pentile LCD on the Rezound.

im not hating on pentile at all, when done right it can be great. im looking forward to the pentile super amoled on my new nexus.....................................when VZW decides to let me have it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
tell that to one of the most advanced displays out right now, the 1280x720 non-pentile LCD on the Rezound.

im not hating on pentile at all, when done right it can be great. im looking forward to the pentile super amoled on my new nexus.....................................when VZW decides to let me have it.

Like you said, the Galaxy Nexus that IS pentile. And maybe the rezound isn't pentile, but the fact that the Vivid, which is the flagship phone for AT&T's new LTE network is pentile kinda gives an indication of the direction that HTC is going.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Either way I'm enjoying my Vivid. It does have an awesome screen - bright and clear, with sharp details. IMO it's much nicer then the harsh colors of Samsung's AMOLED.

And that's what matters. Why are people still hung up on the whole "is it pentile" garbage. The question should be "How good is he display"
who cares about the technology behind it if its gorgeous and doesn't kill your battery or processor

cougmeister

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
And that's what matters. Why are people still hung up on the whole "is it pentile" garbage. The question should be "How good is he display"
who cares about the technology behind it if its gorgeous and doesn't kill your battery or processor

+1

also, love your sig! haha:cool:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Like you said, the Galaxy Nexus that IS pentile. And maybe the rezound isn't pentile, but the fact that the Vivid, which is the flagship phone for AT&T's new LTE network is pentile kinda gives an indication of the direction that HTC is going.

I meant to post in this thread earlier today, but didn't get to it until now.

The Vivid's screen is not pentile.

The reviewer at BGR was sorely mistaken. I've owned multiple Pentile handsets (Nexus One, Galaxy S 4G, Nexus S, Bionic and Droid X2), and the Vivid is most assuredly NOT using a Pentile pixel matrix on its display.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer