Cases With Belt Clips?

cougmeister

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen any heavy duty cases other than the Otterbox Defender? I take classes in a machine shop and have a job doing maintenance at a gas station, so I need a case with plenty of protection. I've heard talk of the seidio convert but have yet to see one pop up. Also watching Trident closely. Anyone have any suggestions of places to look? i would get a Defender, but I haven't seen one in store yet and want to get my hands on one before buying.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching the Seidio site for the Convert regularly, as I have the same need as you. I work on helicopters for a living, and need to protect my investment from the abuse my job dishes out. I haven't seen a Vivid - specific Defender case, but I've seen them. They're good, but what differentiates the Convert from the Defender is that the Convert includes a hinged cover to protect the camera and flash. The holster also seems sturdier, with a phone - locking clip that is built up of parts and not a molded in lock like the Defender has. I'll go with the Defender if Seidio doesn't get off the pot soon and run out the Convert to us. My preference, though, is for the Convert.