Data Overages

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm over here looking at y'alls forums from the SkyRocket forums.

Several SkyRocket users with unlimited data packages have reported receiving data overage warnings. I was wondering if anyone on the other AT&T LTE phone have started to receive these messages.

Shame on ATT

I looked at my usage history and in the one month that I've had the SkyRocket I have gone from using a conservative average of 1.5 gig/month to using 3.7 gig last month. My max usage prior to this was 2.1 gig at that was the only month I went over 2 gig. This is an 18 month history back to May 2010. According the MyAT&T I have already used 778 mb in just 7 days.

Have any of you noticed a significant increase in your data usage trends or received the data overage warning text/

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
You're not using WiFi?

I do. But that isn't the point here. My usage patterns have not changed but my usage of the att network supposedly has. I'm just trying to see if these changes are actual or if they have something to with with how the data is being counted on the backside (possible miss calculation somewhere) or if there is something running on the skyrockets that are constantly transferring data.

kra2y

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
my bet is the AP mobile widget that runs in the background even when set to never refresh and not even on a homescreen. its a major issue on the original galaxy s2 on att. download trafiic monitor from the market. its a widget that will keep track of data usage. if AP mobile is on the list there is two ways to stop it. first you can do a factory data reset and make sure not to ever install the widget. the other is root and delete. i rooted and deleted. it will chew threw data fast

Last edited:

cougmeister

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have gotten this overage warning and I'm not in an LTE area. Also, I am a new customer to AT&T and only have 2 days left in my billing cycle with no more than 1200mb used.

getfamiliar82

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I also have seen a difference in my regular data usage, and I have a Vivid. WiFi or not I shouldn't have to be worried about how my idle data usage, I've found that my phone can use about 950 mb of data without me actually using the phone in a 3 day span. My plan is unlimited and I'm getting messages continually about my data usage. I'd love to boycott at&t with all the other unlimited users and download as much data as possible so they'll have to offer more to their customers.

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the same boat with my HTC Vivid.... I used to have the Atrix and was well under the 2gb....This last 2 months I've been over 2gb and I don't even know how or why????? I have the task manager which shows me what apps are sucking up my data and its mostly my email. That's weird cause I did not add any new email account since owning the Atrix so I don't know how or why the Vivid suck more data for email.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Another possible culprit could be the market updating apps. If you didn't have the latest market on your last device, one of the new features is auto update. You don't have to do anything and apps that don't have permission changes will update in the back ground.

Go into the Market->Menu->Settings->Update over Wi-Fi only

See if this helps lower. Also, Traffic Monitor is very useful and informative. Best thing until we get ICS and it's built in control.