[Request] Virgin Mobile Stock ROM CWM Backup A510c

wieland959

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I was wondering if ANYONE who has a Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S would please upload a ClockWorkMod Backup of the original rom.

Please and thank you, W.

simonsimons34

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can do this for you. But it would be rooted. Let me try to wipe my data off it and the root, and ill make it into a flashable zip.. Why are you interested in this

wieland959

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I bought my HTC Wildfire S Virgin Mobile on black friday like everybody else. I waited a few days and then rooted. And then I had the brilliant idea to try installing the CM 7.1 Mod for it. And well, I didn't do a Clockwork Backup, and well, it didnt work very well. The phone got stuck on the HTC screen. So finally I installed a different ROM, JikantaruROM, and I managed to get past the bootscreen but I can't use my carrier anymore. So I am pretty sure this will fix everything. BTW, I have been reading though your work and, if I can get this fixed, I would love to help.

djsquiggly

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I bought my HTC Wildfire S Virgin Mobile on black friday like everybody else. I waited a few days and then rooted. And then I had the brilliant idea to try installing the CM 7.1 Mod for it. And well, I didn't do a Clockwork Backup, and well, it didnt work very well. The phone got stuck on the HTC screen. So finally I installed a different ROM, JikantaruROM, and I managed to get past the bootscreen but I can't use my carrier anymore. So I am pretty sure this will fix everything. BTW, I have been reading though your work and, if I can get this fixed, I would love to help.

was that the only rom that worked?
or the only one you tried?
if i can get a decent rom running to hold me over untill i get this CM 7 business figured out that would be shweet.

djsquiggly

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Mer.
well if i find something i'll let ya know!
there's this "[EXP ROM] Stock GB 2.3.4 Virgin US cdma - Only for A510c" over at XDA if you're feeling adventurous but i'm not too keen on using an experimental rom.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask...where did you download CM7.1 for your HTC Wildfire S ? I have it running on my LG
Optimus V and love it and it would be great to run on my husbands new phone. We also bought it on
Black Friday at Best Buys. I'm also curious... what root exploit did you use ? I really would love to get the bloatware off this phone. The performance improvements that CM7.1 gave my OV were outstanding, and I would consider installing it as a " Plan B " if his phone takes an early crap.
It's already suffering low memory issues due to bloat but I'm afraid to touch it cause it's new. Help !

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Getting rid of root is a relatively easy process if you have the desire. Open a terminal emulator, navigate to /system/bin, and proceed to delete su and/or busybox binaries, as desired. :D

Sent from my Optimus Slider

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non