I am facing a strange and weird issue on my Huawei Ascend P7, while trying to share an image from gallery, it would always open with Instagram. So, I opened up Instagram settings in order to clear any defaults that may have been set, but there was nothing. The button was grayed out, so I figured that Instagram may have hijacked my sharing settings.

Later, I restarted the device and tried to share an image, same issue. I reinstalled instagram, still issue stays. Finally I removed instagram, thinking it may be the new weird feature they have.

Happy with uninstall, I restart the phone and try to share the image and now it opens by it self with another installed app IMO messenger, it's clear to me this is nothing to do with apps, but may be some other setting. I have tried clearing default for gallery too, still same issue.

I would be thankful to you guys, of you could suggest something to take care of this issue.
    06-24-2015 02:12 AM
    That's an strange issue. After uninstalling Instagram you should be prompted with a menu to select the sharing app. Have you tried clearing defaults for IMO? You could try a couple of things.

Download a new app that can be used to share files (whatsapp, Viber, a file explorer, etc). See if after that you get that menu when trying to share a pic.

Use a different gallery app.

If nothing works go to settings - apps, open the overflow menu and reset app preferences. I'm not familiar with that phone so I'm not sure if that option could be in a different place
    hitin likes this.
    06-24-2015 05:46 AM
    If nothing works go to settings - apps, open the overflow menu and reset app preferences. I'm not familiar with that phone so I'm not sure if that option could be in a different place
    Thanks Javier, this did the job. Its working now. Thank you very much!
    Javier P likes this.
    06-24-2015 06:28 AM
    Glad it helped. See you around the forums!
    06-24-2015 07:09 AM
    Wow... had exactly the same problem and this solved it instantly. Thanks so much
    Javier P likes this.
    06-24-2015 12:04 PM
    Wow... had exactly the same problem and this solved it instantly. Thanks so much
    That's great SannaR, welcome to the forums!
    06-24-2015 12:48 PM