Enable finger print app lock without screen lock.

hoyam

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
How to enable finger print app lock without enabling screen lock. I have mate 10 pro and screen lock prevents voice commands unless unlocked and it's a big issue for me while driving.
I tried every setting and even downloaded CM app lock but same problem.
I don't understand why fingerprint have to be linked to screen lock 🤦*♀️

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's linked because then what's the point of the fingerprint? It becomes just a button. The FP reader is only active if you have a secure screen lock or for secure transactions/unlocks within apps.

You can use Android Auto and it will accept voice commands while driving.

hoyam

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
It's linked because then what's the point of the fingerprint? It becomes just a button. The FP reader is only active if you have a secure screen lock or for secure transactions/unlocks within apps.

You can use Android Auto and it will accept voice commands while driving.
Oh that's a bummer
How to activate android auto? For instance if I want to make a call or send a text message

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's a bummer
How to activate android auto? For instance if I want to make a call or send a text message

There are a few ways to do this.

1) If your audio system supports it. Most cars with phone functions can let you text and call using voice with their built-in system. The 'how', however, depends on your system, but usually pressing the command button and saying 'Message CONTACT' or something like that works.

2) If your phone supports audio commands while driving. Some devices have a 'Driving Mode' that helps with this, but it needs to be activated from the settings. Not all devices have it, however.

3) Android Auto. Just download the app from the Play Store, install, and either open it manually or have it run automagically when you're in your car. It'll show a simplified screen for quick shortcuts but will also work with voice commands while driving as if you were using Google's Assistant.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if this will solve your issue, but I just found a third party screen lock app that let's me use fingerprint unlock WITHOUT entering a PIN. I have a PIN set as a backup, but all I do now is touch the fingerprint scanner and my phone unlocks no matter what method I use to lock (turn off) the screen. I hated how the only way was to lock with the power button (or natural time out settings, not very convenient obviously), and if I went to wake up my device using the proximity sensor, it would force me to use my PIN. Turns out this is not a Samsung issue, it's a DEVELOPER issue, in that they failed to incorporate this unlock method into their apps. But I found an app that will work, called 'Hi Locker'. Free with a paid pro version ($1.99). Highly customizable and lots of features, or you an just use what you need to use. Hope this helped.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How to enable finger print app lock without enabling screen lock. I have mate 10 pro and screen lock prevents voice commands unless unlocked and it's a big issue for me while driving.
I tried every setting and even downloaded CM app lock but same problem.
I don't understand why fingerprint have to be linked to screen lock 🤦*♀️

I don't have the Mate 10, but it should have an option where you can max out the time before the phone actually locks the screen, like 30 minutes. That way you'll probably be using it regularly and it may just screen time out but not lock. That's what I usually do

laWiskaPY

Jul 27, 2022
Visit site
Sorry for being years late, maybe it will help someone else.
this is useful for apps that have applock, they will use the fingerprint to unlock, magisk will ask for fingerprint to accept requests, but the phone will not be locked.
It's a long process
requires a custom recovery and reinstall the rom.
activate the non-encryption patch after installing the rom
add password and fingerprint
then reboot to recovery, system, cut the file "lockscreen" or similar to a location to restore in case it doesn't work.

If the patch is not applied and the phone is encrypted, it will remain in "initial android" the password is the encryption key.