Coming back to Android to a Huawei mate 10 pro after year with IPhone 7 plus

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I have been away from Android for a year to try out Apple ecosystem on the IPhone 7 plus. The good points of iOS were the simplicity and fluidity of the software working alongside the hardware. Also timely updates but I missed the Android customisation.

To cut things short my wife needed a new phone so I have decided to pass her my iPhone 7 plus and jump back on the Android bandwagon.

After researching extensively for all the flagships I was almost decided on the Galaxy note 8 but a friend of mine recommended the Huawei mate 10 pro and seeing it's cheaper price coupled with some excellent hardware and software optimisation especially the AI Kirin chip.

So I pulled the trigger and ordered one from Carphone Warehouse with delivery on Monday and am super excited to use my first bezelless display phone with the new 18.9 ratio and hopefully excellent battery life to name the many features.

Let me know of how some of you Mate 10 pro owners are finding it especially after some months of usage. I have been told unlike Samsung which has a tendency to slow down after a few months with Lag issues. The Kirin chip because of the AI will keep it optimised for best usage for a lot longer.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

😀

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks in advance for the advice.

😀

Though I don't own a Mate 10 Pro I think it's a great choice. Best battery life in comparison to the most recent flagships. Best camera that incorporates manual/pro mode. Beautiful looking phone too.

Regardless of the quality of the photos that i take on my V30, the wide angle has been amazing. I mention that because i can't give up the wide angle. If I could i would choose the Mate 10 Pro.

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
I have a regular Mate 10, besides the screen, it's pretty much the same phone, I have the 6 gig of ram, 128 gigs of memory China version rebranded with international software. I've had it for 3 months so far, best phone I've ever owned, I came from a mate 9, before that, a Honor 8, so I know the in's and out's Emui, mate 10's are amazing, fast, no lag, camera is all you will ever need, can plug it in to have a desktop, it's a computer in your pocket. Battey life can not be touched by any other popular flagship, the Mate 10 is truly a battery champ. You will enjoy the Mate 10 pro.

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
I've never used the wide angle lens on a LG phone, I do love to take black and white pics, why I love Huawei cameras do much. I'm going to have to try the LG wide angle lens to see how it is.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to have to try the LG wide angle lens to see how it is.

It's great because when you switch modes the change is dramatic & gives you two perspectives every time you shoot. Bummer is that LG uses a small camera sensor. Shots are not as detailed, true to life or anywhere as good as the flagships like the Pixel 2, iphone, s9 or mate 10. The wide angle is something special though.

The Mate 10 should be amazing w/ black & white shots.

LossOfCite

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
I found the perfect camera phone, it hasn't been made yet, but it's in my dreams.

It has a wide angle lens similar to LG's, a standard lens with up to 10x lossless zoom, exceptional low light capabilities, variable apertures, OIS & EIS, Google's processing for auto mode, & Huawei's full camera app.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have had my new Mate 10 Pro.

so far so good.

the phone is lightening fast in uploading apps no stutter at all.

the battery life is strong and I hope it settles down after a few more charges. I think you can easily get a day out of it even with intense usage.

not tried the camera much because of the adverse weather but it looks great with tons of features.

All in all a great return back to the world of Android. just hope I can hang on to this as my daily driver.

I am relieved that I almost got myself the s9 plus but with the pricing and now somewhat average reviews I am satisfied. note 8 would have been great but it is let down with a smaller battery capacity plus not been on project treble for future proofing and software support.

Fayzul Omar

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I've got the standard Mate 10. With my carrier the price not much different from the Pro version. I prefer the standard version mainly because of the wider screen size.

I can get the whole day battery life with no problem. Although I usually do charge it in the afternoon because I sometimes works through the night too and don't want to lose access to my phone :)

I've been using it for about 3 months and it has been great so far. Although I'm not sure why people complain about the EMUI software, I do recently change to Microsoft Launcher mainly do to the integration with Microsoft Software not because I hate EMUI.

My friends told me the pictures that I've been taken with Mate 10 really great. But I do often got horrible pictures in low light situation. Although probably their phones fare even worst :p

I hated the whole glass thingy though. The phone really slippery so I cannot really use it without cover. So sad because I prefer my phone naked :p

I'm not qualified to judge Android phones though, because I came from a long line of BlackBerry phones :) but so far I'm satisfied with the Huawei Mate 10. Good phone.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have had my new Mate 10 Pro.

so far so good.

the phone is lightening fast in uploading apps no stutter at all.

the battery life is strong and I hope it settles down after a few more charges. I think you can easily get a day out of it even with intense usage.

not tried the camera much because of the adverse weather but it looks great with tons of features.

All in all a great return back to the world of Android. just hope I can hang on to this as my daily driver.

I am relieved that I almost got myself the s9 plus but with the pricing and now somewhat average reviews I am satisfied. note 8 would have been great but it is let down with a smaller battery capacity plus not been on project treble for future proofing and software support.

Are all mate 10 pros on project treble?