Mate 10 Pro to P20 Pro?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else thinking of making the switch to the dreaded notch?
I always believed the Mate series was the top of the line in Huawei's line up with the P Series being more a fashionable design with slightly lower specs but the P20 Pro has a bigger screen and same size battery with even more features than the Mate 10 Pro by the looks of things? The cameras are really REALLY pulling me in the more I see them so as much as I love my Mate 10 Pro I may be jumping ship a lot quicker than planned

Attachments

• 22773.jpg
    22773.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 41

Hairy Brain

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I was about to buy a mate 10 Pro as its just been reduced in the UK and at a decent price at the minute, but I'm holding out for the P20 release to see how the triple lens works out as I'm intrigued.

Currently using an Honor 8 Pro and the lack of updates is putting me off a bit and was thinking about going for the Nokia 7 plus as it's on Android One.

What like are the updates on your mate 10?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I was about to buy a mate 10 Pro as its just been reduced in the UK and at a decent price at the minute, but I'm holding out for the P20 release to see how the triple lens works out as I'm intrigued.

Currently using an Honor 8 Pro and the lack of updates is putting me off a bit and was thinking about going for the Nokia 7 plus as it's on Android One.

What like are the updates on your mate 10?

I'm currently on January security patch so not far behind to be fair to Huawei and I've seen people here on February's. I'm sure I read somewhere that they usually update every quarter? Mate 10 Pro is Project Treble compatible so I'm expecting them to be much better than the P10 I had last year.
I got my Mate 10 Pro for £529 last month and the P20 Pro just ain't gonna be anything near that price Sim Free so I started testing the water with my wife today as I promised I'd keep this one for at least a year and she's growing tired of my constant phone switching now lol.

Hairy Brain

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm currently on January security patch so not far behind to be fair to Huawei and I've seen people here on February's. I'm sure I read somewhere that they usually update every quarter? Mate 10 Pro is Project Treble compatible so I'm expecting them to be much better than the P10 I had last year.
I got my Mate 10 Pro for £529 last month and the P20 Pro just ain't gonna be anything near that price Sim Free so I started testing the water with my wife today as I promised I'd keep this one for at least a year and she's growing tired of my constant phone switching now lol.
Yeah I know the feeling my missus is fed up with me changing phones and cars all the time.

Although she does benefit from my cast offs.

Good to hear Huawei updates are slightly better, so tempted just to go for the Mate 10 Pro to tide me over for a while and then see what the new pixel or the P20 turns out like.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how they plan to use the 40mp sensor when they have telephoto lens on a lower resolution sensor. The specs of the sensors are confusing to say the least.
I'm not to bothered by notches with 19:9 screens.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to see how they plan to use the 40mp sensor when they have telephoto lens on a lower resolution sensor. The specs of the sensors are confusing to say the least.
I'm not to bothered by notches with 19:9 screens.

Same here. I'm gonna hazard a guess based on current Huawei dual camera phones and predict that they'll probably use the lenses in combination with each other for Hybrid Zoom etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non