How do you like it?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I really think the difference is not only SoT but standby time. Ive tested this where I went to bed fully charged took it off charge woke up 7 hours later and it's still at 100%. My note 9 without AoD on would lose 7-8%, or be under 90% with AoD on

Last edited:

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I really think the difference is not only SoT but standby time. Ive tested this where I went to bed fully charged took it off charge woke up 7 hours later and it's still at 100%. My note 9 without AoD on would lose 7-8%, or be under 90% with AoD in.

Yeah standby drain is great too, battery life overall is just superb.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Using mate 20 pro... For few days now... Amazing phone.. Super fast... Killer battery life... Awesome camera.. Perfect size...

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Everything about this phone is awesome. I love how twilight color looks. Actually quite few people asked about phone and said its one of the best if not the best looking phone. Feels lot more comfortable to hold then note 9 and iPhone xs max. P. S. I sold my note 9 after using this for few days. Back Camera is superb. Speakers are nice too though not as good as iPhone xs max. No lag or hiccups up till now. Battery life best of all the phones I have ever used and I am in awe of how quickly this phone charges. Screen is very good, I am no techie. But to my noob eyes it looks as good as note 9 or iPhone xs screen. Software is no issue though I use all my phones with nova launcher. I had no issue changing stock launcher. Only thing that I don't like much on this is its selfie cam and its gesture are not as smooth as iPhone's. I think I am gonna keep using it till s10 arrives and then decide :) Anyone who is planning to buy this phone should buy it.

gnote2tmo

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 9 since launch and now the mate 20 pro for about 2 weeks. I'm selling the note! Enough said, never had such an awesome phone with super battery life, performance, always stays cool to the touch, also love the way it feels in the hand, much much better than the brick feeling note. Shame on Samsung for barely giving me 5ish hours screen on time in just 9 hours of usage before dying. The mate consistently gives me 8 to 10 hours screen time over a 24 hour period!!! Also, the phone is way smoother than the note.

Also want to add that gestures are smooth af just like the iPhone. I'm running the latest. 177 or something and they improved gestures. Charging beats the note 9 to dust. I hated charging that phone and did I mention the bad battery life, though the best of all the previous Samsung phones I've ever had, that's for sure. But still not close to what the mate gives me. Also like someone mentioned earlier, the standby drain is phenomenal. I'd lose maybe 4% in 9 hours of sleep whereas the note 9 was more like 15%. All in all this is an awesome phone for even someone like me in the US. On T-Mobile US in getting the same if not better speed than the note. Also not to forget, but the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections are way stronger than the Samsung phones.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys Got a new update... Its around 750mb.. Says its takes beta pie to official stable pie... I am in India...

Attachments

• 3221.jpg
    3221.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 46

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Only thing i dislike is that there is no Double Tap To Wake or Double Tap To Turn Screen Off. Other than that i love it.

Hmmm the second I pick up the phone it wakes in a millisecond if pointed towards my face, almost annoying if just picking up to put in my pocket. The way I hold it my thumb is very close to the off button for a simple press much quicker than knuckle press.

My dislikes: the curved edge of the glass, ability to set apps to close immediately when I turn of screen, some apps knowing you have fingerprint security insist on using it when putting in a password. Have not been able to find an override of the latter two.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm the second I pick up the phone it wakes in a millisecond if pointed towards my face, almost annoying if just picking up to put in my pocket. The way I hold it my thumb is very close to the off button for a simple press much quicker than knuckle press.

My dislikes: the curved edge of the glass, ability to set apps to close immediately when I turn of screen, some apps knowing you have fingerprint security insist on using it when putting in a password. Have not been able to find an override of the latter two.

Device Administrator Locked the Device? Yeah im looking for a solution too. Currently i use softlock widget and turn on with fingerprint scanner but type pin code.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Only thing i dislike is that there is no Double Tap To Wake or Double Tap To Turn Screen Off. Other than that i love it.

It would be great if they added DTTW as an option. Loved having it on Windows and LG phones. It already recognises a tap to the screen as when you do the visual FPS appears.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Loving mine so far but one thing I find myself constantly reaching for is the FPS from my Mate 10 Pro on the back to pull down the Notification shade. I really didn't realise just how much I used that until it was gone.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What do you prefer more? Besides the NM card problems with Mate 20 Pro.

Well i got the S10P because before i bought it.my friend showed me that it could tap to wake.i am OCD so yeah that kinda helps.and not forgetting that the Mate 20 Pro camera often tells me to Hold Device Steady.i kinda hate it as i mean come on its not even dark or low light...but battery life M20P is way more efficient.8nm vs 7nm i guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38