Huawei phone doesn't detect earphones.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Im encountering what I think seems to be a very rare issue. I have Huawei Mate 20 Lite and my earphones stopped working a couple months ago I checked and cleaned the headphone jack. The earphones connector goes all the way in, the earphones are JBL E15. They work on all other devices except mine and other earphones work on my device, it is really weird. Well in that time I downloaded an app called Audio Router which fixed the problem, yes it was quite annoying switching manually everytime from earphones to speaker and back, but it worked. Well my phone just got an update for Android 9 and since then the app doesn't work anymore and I really don't know what to do anymore, I checked numerous forums and discussions but nothing worked.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's either a defective earphone jack or a problem on the motherboard, but either one requires taking the phone apart, and you'd need some (not much, but some) test equipment. Bringing the phone into an authorized repair center (or contacting Huawei) for an in-warranty repair would be your best bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non