Will no proper Google Services keep you away?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
WhatsApp apparently works, but you won't be able to restore or backup from Google drive.

I need confirmation. Sellers in Indonesia cant guarantee me 100%.i dont need backup or whatsoever... I dont want it to be working now and suddenly it doesnt... Would really want to buy it. But its 1k so yeah....

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Heard phones from China are coming with Google services installed on their Mate 30 pros... Iam looking to buy it but will wait for major price drop... Iam still very happy with My Mate 20 pro

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I need confirmation. Sellers in Indonesia cant guarantee me 100%.i dont need backup or whatsoever... I dont want it to be working now and suddenly it doesnt... Would really want to buy it. But its 1k so yeah....

Pulled the trigger on the 5G 8GB+512GB purple Mate 30 Pro for $1400 Canadian dollars ($500 off at the time) around Christmas, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram etc. work perfectly, have every app I need with Appgallery, Amazon App Store and APKPure.

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

I didn't install GMS, Whatsapp doesn't require GMS so it works perfectly, most apps work just fine.

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't install GMS on my P40 Pro and I managed to download all the apps that I needed. Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat...etc

I also own a Mate 30 Pro 5G that I have GMS on when it wasn't as complicated to install as these days.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I didn't install GMS on my P40 Pro and I managed to download all the apps that I needed. Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat...etc

I also own a Mate 30 Pro 5G that I have GMS on when it wasn't as complicated to install as these days.

Im sorry but how do you do that? Im planning to get the P40 Pro non 5G as its the only version sold in Indonesia.

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what apps you have in mind. I used Phoneclone, which is built in Huawei's phones, to transfer everything that I could from my older P30Pro. So basically I got Whatsapp, Instagram, Snapchat and then used App gallery to look for anything I wanted to use like Herewego city maps instead of Google Maps. My only problem is that notifications on Whatsapp would not work sometimes and I have to get open the app to start getting chats. (EDIT): downloaded the newest version of Whatsapp and that seemed to solve whatever problem that I had.

Last edited:

scoob05

May 15, 2020
Visit site
Good to know the update fixed it. If it comes back it may be the app management. so try going in to battery, app management, then select manage manually

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Im sorry but how do you do that? Im planning to get the P40 Pro non 5G as its the only version sold in Indonesia.

Use Apkpure app store. Has all the apps but GSM apps probably won't work. I just received my P40 Pro yesterday and got all the apps I use on my Mate 20 Pro beside Google maps. I'm using Huawei's Here WeGo map and it's fine.

I use YouTube Vanced for my YouTube and works without gms. So the phone is performing like all my prev phones before this. I'm not into Google apps like most people.

The camera in this is multiple times better than my Mate 20 Pro especially the front facing camera.

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi I just thought id put my 2 pence in, ive recently got a P40 pro and I have used the following apps to get all my apps on:
-phone clone
-petal search
-appgallery
I highly recommend petal search that can be downloaded from the appgallery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38