Huawei watch loses connection with Pixel 2 after a month or so.

raydude

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
First, bluetooth stops working. I know because my CGM data works if the wifi is connected. But after a few weeks, all contract is lost even though both devices imply they are still working.

First indication that Bluetooth is gone occurs when I realized that notifications have stopped working.

The only fix I've found is to reset the watch to factory default. And re-pair the devices. Then the process starts over.

Rebooting both devices does not help. Launching the Huawei app and pressing connect does not help.

The watch is currently in wifi only mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd really like to save this watch. It still works.

More information. When I restore defaults on the watch, it won't connect with the phone unless I shut down the Dexcom CGM software. Then bluetooth discovery works. I should try exiting the Dexcom software, then reconnecting the watch. I'll try that now.

Also, the Dexcom software, strictly speaking, does not support the Pixel 2, but that's the phone I have so... What choice do I have?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@raydude I was experiencing issues with mine as well, Huawei Watch (original, still like the looks of it) and Pixel 2xl. I reset the watch and that resolved the issues, though I also had to get a warranty replacement phone shortly after so I have no long-term results on that initial reset. It's been working well with the new phone, since around Thanksgiving in the US.

raydude

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I think I know what's wrong.

I'm using a Dexcom G6 Bluetooth device with my phone as well as the watch. I think Android / Decom App / Huawei are not playing nice with each other.

I have found a work around. When the watch loses Blutooth connection, I force kill the dexcom app, then run the Wear OS app, click reconnect, and voila! it works again. Then I run the Dexcom App and things work for another few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non