Headphones/earbuds??

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Are there any earbuds on the market that can control the volume, and play/pause music, skip forward/back, and scrub music back/forward? Oh, and a microphone would be nice too.

I would try a bluetooth headset, but my noggin is kinda big and the last few pairs that I bought weren't comfortable.

Thanks!

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Are there any earbuds on the market that can control the volume, and play/pause music, skip forward/back, and scrub music back/forward? Oh, and a microphone would be nice too.

I would try a bluetooth headset, but my noggin is kinda big and the last few pairs that I bought weren't comfortable.

Thanks!

Earbuds with volume control are relatively common (check Amazon.) However, I'm not aware of any for an Android device that can control your music player or have a built-in mic. There are such devices for Ipod/Iphone users.

CharlotteJacket

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I use a set of Jaybirds that I found at Best Buy. I don't have any of the documentation with me, but there are two versions of this particular type: one says that it is specifically for the iPhone, and they other doesn't. You (obviously) need the non-iPhone one.

It has an inline volume slider at the point where the wire splits to the earbuds, and the right-ear wire has a control on it with the mic and one button. One button click to pause/restart, two clicks to jump forward one song, and three clicks to go back one song.

I use PlayerPro as my music player, and it works really well. Lockscreen controls, press-and-hold-the-volume-rocker-to-jump-to-next-song, and multiple widgets, plus it supports the controls on the Jaybirds.

I also use the three-baffle earbud inserts from a set of Monster earbuds, and they block almost all outside noise. They fit on the Jaybirds just fine.

I have not found any other earbuds that control an Android phone, and I've tried a lot.

Hope this helps.

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I use a set of Jaybirds that I found at Best Buy. I don't have any of the documentation with me, but there are two versions of this particular type: one says that it is specifically for the iPhone, and they other doesn't. You (obviously) need the non-iPhone one.

It has an inline volume slider at the point where the wire splits to the earbuds, and the right-ear wire has a control on it with the mic and one button. One button click to pause/restart, two clicks to jump forward one song, and three clicks to go back one song.

I use PlayerPro as my music player, and it works really well. Lockscreen controls, press-and-hold-the-volume-rocker-to-jump-to-next-song, and multiple widgets, plus it supports the controls on the Jaybirds.

I also use the three-baffle earbud inserts from a set of Monster earbuds, and they block almost all outside noise. They fit on the Jaybirds just fine.

I have not found any other earbuds that control an Android phone, and I've tried a lot.

Hope this helps.

I have Sony EX, whatever--the iPhone ones, and when I started using them with my Optimus V they worked fine with the default player, and somewhat with Amazon player (play pause, etc.) They don't work with Google Music however. And the volume doesn't work. Since switching to this phone, it's clear the volume doesn't work, but also, the mic doesn't work, and I haven't tried the default htc music player because I've just been streaming everything. But thanks for the input!

hector361

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Earbuds with volume control are relatively common (check Amazon.) However, I'm not aware of any for an Android device that can control your music player or have a built-in mic. There are such devices for Ipod/Iphone users.

I got tired of the earbuds wires getting caught on everything so I went with wireless earbuds. Sony makes some nice ones and they come with a bluetooth adapter if you don't have one on your phone. It's pretty easy to link up to your phone. here's a tutorial How to Make Wireless Earbuds

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
478730d6-6527-6880.jpg

@Best buy. Made by rocket fish. Like $17 I think.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use motorola s-10 bluetooth stereo headphones. They do everything you need and they do not go over your head, they go behind your neck.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress