Rooting or Downgrading HTC Incredible 2.

victoryore

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I updated my phone not planning to root it. Now I have changed my mind. My Incredible 2 is running GB 2.3.4 I was hoping somebody could post a video on youtube or give very detailed instructions on how to root it or downgrade it to a rootable version. Any help will be very appreciated.

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to add to this, I did all this yesterday and it is really easy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about doing it.

lilseal

May 22, 2012
Visit site
i started the root on my verizon HTC Droid Incredible yesterday, it took some technicle trouble shooting due to my phone was not activated. once i got the drivers installed it was very simple, however, the last step is for the software to take control of the OS on the phone, it reboots 5 times. then its done. after the 4th reboot, on the last root section, it fails on the very end of the root, it says my firmware is too new. i am still trouble shooting it, i have done this on several other phones. even one that was said to be unrootable. i will update when i finish,

here is the link to the instructions:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...w-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
^^Those are instructions for the Incredible, not the Incredible 2. So those won't really help with much at all.

But seriously it's not that hard to find this stuff guys. You can always use Google or search on XDA and RootzWiki. There's already guides written, so it's as simple as finding them and following directions.