help with new rooted phone!!..plz..

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Where are you seeing the update.zip? I assume you are using cwm, but I got off that a wile ago so I don't remember what all exactly it does.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Never mind that.. i thought i seen it in cwm menu. But i dont have it..... i'm thinking about starting to flash roms but dont know how, or any of the benefits yet...im trying to get all the info i can...
I have just created a back up using CWM or nandroid... But an exclamation sign appeared on my battery icon and now i have a sliver like battery with an exclamation point over it!..

Last edited:

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Never mind that.. i thought i seen it in cwm menu. But i dont have it..... i'm thinking about starting to flash roms but dont know how, or any of the benefits yet...im trying to get all the info i can...
I have just created a back up using CWM or nandroid... But an exclamation sign appeared on my battery icon and now i have a sliver like battery with an exclamation point over it!..

And all you did was create a backup?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
well yeah..i created a back using CWM.. so this means that i can flash or install roms right?? it takes a while specially when im at work...

Ya your good to go. Just make sure to read the whole OP for the ROM and follow any recommended flashing process if there is one.

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ya your good to go. Just make sure to read the whole OP for the ROM and follow any recommended flashing process if there is one.

Ok. Before i start, do you think i should download rom manager??. I heard alot abot it.. and what rom would you recomend for begginers??.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
The battery doing that is an issue with Dinc2. Dont worry about that, you can send it it for replacement if you want though. I did that with 2 of them. Then one im on now does it but I figured it doesnt hinder the phone so im living with it.

Flash ROMs is a very easy process. Just read the directions in the thread for the ROM you are flashing. All done through clockwork mod. First put the rom zip file on root of your SD card.

1. Boot into Recovery
2. Wipe Data
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Wipe Battery Stats
5. Install from SD Card
6. Choose zip from SD Card
7. Choose ROM
8. Choose Yes
9. Profit.

On first boot it can take a while so if it looks like it is hanging up dont worry and be patient.

Last edited:

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The battery doing that is an issue with Dinc2. Dont worry about that, you can send it it for replacement if you want though. I did that with 2 of them. Then one im on now does it but I figured it doesnt hinder the phone so im living with it.

Flash ROMs is a very easy process. Just read the directions in the thread for the ROM you are flashing. All done through clockwork mod. First put the rom zip file on root of your SD card.

1. Boot into Recovery
2. Wipe Data
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Wipe Battery Stats
5. Install from SD Card
6. Choose zip from SD Card
7. Choose ROM
8. Choose Yes
9. Profit.

On first boot it can take a while so if it looks like it is hanging up dont worry and be patient.

So no need of rom manager??..

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. is there a site to where a can download roms??.. i've been hearing alot about mikrunny... And i wanted to try it out but where do i start from?..

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Rom Manager, dont install that. ;)

For ROMS, while I LOVE the androidcentral forums....the best place to get roms for this device is over at the XDA Forums for the Incredible 2.

Incredible 2 Android Development Forum - XDA Developers

Here you can find the Team MikMik roms. I like them and they are pretty stable.

Team MikMik Roms for the Incredible 2

However over at XDA you can find some of Team MikMik's work, we well as Aerovan, Nitsuj17, CondemnedSoul, and some other great developers. Also, the Android Open Kang project posted up by Protekk is great test bed for CM9 (ICS) on the Incredible 2.

Last edited:

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. now i've rooted my phone, created a backup in CWM ( i didnot create a back up using titanium back up or so) im going to install a mikrunny rom ( dont know which.one yet)..but now what if i dont like it??.. how do i flash another rom ( if that's how you say it).. i mean i just download another one and install it in CWM?? .. then why people say to back up your rom before you install a new one??.. it kinda confused...

Thanks for being patient with me ..

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
No worries. You can flash a new one just like you would flash the MikMik ROM. People say back up because if a flash goes wrong for what ever reason you have a Running Back up you can revert to. Especially if you created a back up of the stock rom (which you did). Its ALWAYS good to have a back up, you never know what might happen sometimes. :)

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
ok i was about to download a rom but something came to mind... how do i know if its compatible with my phone??.. i mean i know i am running android version 2.3.3.... and i am seeing a lot of roms that say android 2.3.4 or 2.3.5!!.

like this one ... it says mikrunny v1.01[Sense 3.5] [GB 2.3.5]

does that mean i cannot use it ??

and what are gapps??

Last edited:

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Easiest answer? It doesnt matter.

When you see an android version in a ROM that means that say the ROM you referenced above, if you flash it you will essentially be on Android verison 2.3.5 running sense version 3.5. If is was developed for the Incredible 2 it will be compatible. Your version android doesnt matter, the ROM will override it with its version.

GAPPS is Google Apps (Market, gmail, google talk etc etc)

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
ok i was about to download a rom but something came to mind... how do i know if its compatible with my phone??.. i mean i know i am running android version 2.3.3.... and i am seeing a lot of roms that say android 2.3.4 or 2.3.5!!.

like this one ... it says mikrunny v1.01[Sense 3.5] [GB 2.3.5]

does that mean i cannot use it ??

and what are gapps??

Right now your on Android version 2.3.3, Mik runny is Android version 2.3.5. so by installing it your going to a newer version of Android and getting a newer version of htc sense. As long as you use roms From the links above they will be compatible. I spend most of my time on the Mik and everyone there is really helpful. you can find good stuff on xda as well.

As for mikrunny I don't think your going to find a better sense 3.5 ROM. It's what I have been using from release and runs really smooth, and your not likely to find any bugs

"gapps" stands for google apps and is usually needed to be flashed for aosp roms. I myself tend to stick to sense based roms so I don't have much more information on that.

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now your on Android version 2.3.3, Mik runny is Android version 2.3.5. so by installing it your going to a newer version of Android and getting a newer version of htc sense. As long as you use roms From the links above they will be compatible. I spend most of my time on the Mik and everyone there is really helpful. you can find good stuff on xda as well.

As for mikrunny I don't think your going to find a better sense 3.5 ROM. It's what I have been using from release and runs really smooth, and your not likely to find any bugs

"gapps" stands for google apps and is usually needed to be flashed for aosp roms. I myself tend to stick to sense based roms so I don't have much more information on that.

got it... but please forgive me... you guys are going to kill me for my newbie questions...

i am trying to download the mikrunny off the xda .... but there are two downloads.. one says
v1.01 odex
v1.01 Deodex
which one i choose?? what is that?

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
got it... but please forgive me... you guys are going to kill me for my newbie questions...

i am trying to download the mikrunny off the xda .... but there are two downloads.. one says
v1.01 odex
v1.01 Deodex
which one i choose?? what is that?

Deodex it's easier to theme but odex is going to run a little smoother and faster. I would go with the odex as there are plenty of themes of it already anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: khriztian704

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I mirror that. Odexed will provide a slightly smoother experience.

As for gapps, if you boot into a new Rom and you do not see your usual Google apps then you can flash in recovery. AOSP roms do not come with Google apps. AOSP basically means that the Rom will resemble a more stock Android experience, without carriers added junk.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks alot guys... I will try odex when i get home.. because i donr have a computer at work....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums