Seidio Innocase Rugged for the Incredible Review

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I got one of the Innocase Rugged cases for the HTC Incredible in the mail today. Seidio was nice enough to sponsor the ?How a Case Would Have Saved My Phone? contest, so I thought I?d share the results with everyone.

First, there is much more here than I thought there would be. Inside the easy to open, without a chainsaw and three machetes, plastic bubble packaging, I found not only the expected Rugged rubber case with the Exo-bracket, but a full fledged black Innocase, a Spring Clip and a package of Ultimate Screen Guards.

4839542294_6aa7d83379.jpg

What's in the box - plus phone

The Innocase is what you might expect, it snaps together top and bottom and it is made out of their Soft Touch plastic. The phone fit snugly and securely in the case, and it looked and felt good in my hand.

4838931087_792bea0d7f.jpg

Phone in the Innocase

Next goes the rubber case over the Innocase. The rubber is thick and it too is a snug fit over the Innocase. The rubber case completely covers the earpiece socket with a rubber flap, and there are raised markings for the power and volume switches molded into the rubber. On the left side of the case, there is a rubber flap covering the USB port. The flap is a little tricky to open, but it does provide a nice tight seal. On the back, there is a hole for the speaker and a flip out rubber door for the camera. The bottom has holes for the microphone.

4839544148_a4f122e732.jpg

Back of Rubber case over the Innocase

4839545796_5bfb6a4768.jpg

Top of Rubber case with earpiece closed

4839545538_0ec3c001d0.jpg

Side of Rubber case with USB flap open

The Exo-bracket snaps on over this entire blanket of protection locking everything tight. There is no way this case is coming off in a drop or a fall. The Exo-bracket also has a little hole in it that keeps the camera flap open for pictures. It?s a little detail, but I could easily see myself cussing like Popeye if I was trying to take a picture and the flap kept getting in the way.

4839573196_78f95999fd.jpg

Back of case with Exo-bracket on and Camera Flap pined open.

Last, but not least, this entire Fort Knox of phone protection clips into a very robust Spring Clip with a swivel belt clip. This Spring Clip is not made of the same Soft Touch plastic that the standard Spring Clip uses. This Clip is all business. It even has a positive locking switch on the clip to keep it from accidently being knocked and coming loose from your belt.

4838965569_088f325487.jpg

Phone in the Rugged Spring Clip

All bundled up the phone definitely has more heft to it. It has a good grip and feels good in my hand. Slap a Screen Guard on there and your phone has 360 degrees of protection.

I did not test if it is waterproof! Nevertheless, I would assume that most water would be kept out if you were in a wet area or working outside in the rain or snow. There are open holes for the mic and speaker so I was not going to sacrifice my phone to a pitcher of water for the sake of science. Nor did I put the phone through deliberate sudden deceleration testing, so I cannot attest to the actual protective qualities of the case in a fall or drop.

Overall, if you are a First Responder or routinely find yourself in unfriendly environmental and precarious environments, this case is for you.

4838970979_ff942b86d5.jpg

Snug as a bug in a rug

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Great review!

I also received mine today from the AC case contest.

Very nice package I must say. Great quality screen protector, Innocase II case, Rugged case, and a monster belt clip. I find myself mostly just using the Innocase, but I love having the option of turning the phone indestructible when it's necessary! :D

Very impressed and satisfied. I would definitely recommend this case.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
PvilleComp said:
I got one of the Innocase Rugged cases for the HTC Incredible in the mail today. Seidio was nice enough to sponsor the “How a Case Would Have Saved My Phone” contest, so I thought I’d share the results with everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to post pictures, a description and providing some feedback!

Last edited:

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... May have to do one for the Innocase Active. Anyone be interested? I got mine from the contest, too.

fireguy116#AC

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I am having with this case is the holster. The spring clip if I dont lift it high enough when someone is calling me it hits the top buttom and ends the call before I can answer it. Anyone else having that problem? Otherwise this case is in my opinion better than an otterbox. Not as bulky as an otterbox either.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I am having with this case is the holster. The spring clip if I dont lift it high enough when someone is calling me it hits the top buttom and ends the call before I can answer it. Anyone else having that problem? Otherwise this case is in my opinion better than an otterbox. Not as bulky as an otterbox either.

The clip is a little stiff. I didn't have any problems with it hitting the button while I was using it. Are you getting the saftylock all the way unlocked?

I know. Stupid question, I'm just just looking at all the options.

Have you tried the three wolf moon wallpaper? ;) Sorry, could not help myself.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I like how this case protects the phone, but it will scratch the edges of the phone on the inside...not cool

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen any evidence of it scratching the phone. The back pieces of the Innocase have felt pads to protect the case of the phone itself. My wife is now using this on her DInc (I only got a 3 month reprieve before the “I want one” guilt trip hit) and even in her “purse of horrors” it’s been safe.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well mine has scratches on it. My phone was brand new and where there is no felt. There are scratches.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I just took the case off my wife's phone to double check. There was debris in the case deposited from the "purse from hell" in the case, but no scratches on the phone - after over two months of use. I'm not saying your phone did not have scratching issues. I'm just reporting what I have experienced.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there felt on the edges of that case? I'm curious to know if there was more than 1 version of the case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress