What is the benefit to...

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
flashing a kernel, the MIUI camera, the radio etc? I just rooted on Independence Day (lol) and am running CM7 126, so why not keep going, I guess...

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
A custom kernel can improve your battery life tremendously (I swear by Incredikernel, but there are other great kernels out there as well. Since your on CM7 just be sure you use an AOSP kernel and not a Sense kernel). The MIUI camera is superior to the stock camera that comes with CM7, it takes better pictures and has more options (though to be fair, the CM7 camera has made some improvements lately). As for the radio, unless you have to update/change your radio for some reason I would recommend that you don't mess with it.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
i swear my battery life has taken a nose dive since rooting and using cm7

brightness is down, what else can i do?

I have noticed the exact opposite...my DInc is making it the whole day without a charge on stock battery...I have also been in a low signal, High battery suckage area...:)

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I flashed radios to be "part of the cool crowd", but I will say this. There are areas where I live that have dead zones. Everyone has them. But with 11.19 radio, the places I had no signal I now have at least 1 bar, and although the signal bar really isn't the best way to judge signal, I can make/receive calls and use data in these same areas, so it was worth it to flash a new radio, for me anyway.

But as usual, DWM is correct. You can very easily turn your Inc into a paper weight. :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
i swear my battery life has taken a nose dive since rooting and using cm7

brightness is down, what else can i do?

There are a LOT of features with CM7 that you may need to go through and make sure they are set correctly. As for brightness, check out this thread on CM7 auto-brightness settings.

You may also want to look into the latest Incredikernel. I swear my battery life more than doubled after flashing it.