Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
In flashing Nils, isn't there something else you have to download first? Hboot or something else before you install the rom?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In flashing Nils, isn't there something else you have to download first? Hboot or something else before you install the rom?

If you are on hboot 0.92 and running CWM 3.0.0.7 (if Amoled) or 3.0.0.8 (for SLCD), no, you shouldn't need to flash anything before the ROM. Just be sure to factory reset; wipe cache; wipe dalvik. You will have to restore your apps (without data!) so make sure you've done a Nandroid and your backups are current.

I actually like to copy my key apk's to a directory on the SD card first and restore them that way.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

No there isn't anything in particular you have to download first. Just do the normal...Nandroid backup first, back up your apps with Titanium, do you data wipes (all three!), and flash away!

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks Wanda! Using CM7 170 and liking it so I may take a few days to flash Nils :)

arran1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Dang guys...not sure what to say. I've had nothing but good luck with it (knocking on wood).

@arran1...It sounds to me more like a bad flash. I'm sure you've flashed a ROM or two but are you sure you used the right version of CWM? If I remember correctly in the OP on the XDA site Nils mentions using two different versions...CWM 3.0.0.8 for SLCD and 3.0.0.7 for AMOLED.

I have flashed a few, not many though. And yes, I made sure of that, because that was the whole reason I wanted to root and flash.

I am SLCD and running CWM 3.0.0.8. The SLCD was the one selling last september right? Because AMOLED sold out/too hard to manufacture/etc...

My first ROM was Nils' 2.1/3.0 and I had a good flash and it worked fine. I wanted to just see how much better the full 3.0 was compared to the mix.

I will probably try again this weekend, and I shall see what happens.

The version that I failed with was the 3.0 v2.1

If it fails again, I will probably just either go back to the mix, or stay with CM7 :)

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I've never tried the 2.1/3.0 version.

Sent via Tapatalk

The main difference I found between the two versions is the 2.1/3.0 has two version itself, one for rotating carousel and one for standard. I think the file size is also a bit smaller since 3.0 was being entirely shoehorned into the ROM. When I used the carousel version of 2.1/3.0 I got a good bit of lag and at the time (it may have been updated since) there was no option to remap the right Rosie button.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It does look pretty cool but it also looks like it's going to be unsupported from here on out. Think I might take a run at it though tonight.
Yeah, looks like he's moving on to the Sensation and won't be supporting anymore. Still gonna flash it in a few minutes though. Haha

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Got it loaded up and its pretty slick so far. Seems faster than Nils...

Sent from my OVO Community ROM using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Got it loaded up and its pretty slick so far. Seems faster than Nils...

Sent from my OVO Community ROM using Tapatalk

Hard to believe it but it does seem snappier than Nils. Haven't found a Rosie Setting yet to let me remap the right button, have you found it?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That I haven't but I didn't look either. I actually like the Rosie going to personalize.

Sent via Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That I haven't but I didn't look either. I actually like the Rosie going to personalize.

Sent via Tapatalk
I had to reflash because yesterday, after flashing the gingertiny beta 6 kernel, it got stupid lag. I reflashed before bed then flashed gingertiny rls version and it's still snappy. It's like Nils but without the dark, sinister look. It is so snappy that it's actually hard to believe that it's GB with Sense 3.0.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It's like Nils but without the dark, sinister look.

Gee, I thought I was the only one who calls it dark and sinister. I guess you call that my Signature since all my ROM's have a similar look.

By the way, I posted version 2.2 today which includes my modified GS kernel with init.d processing working which increases RAM availability and speeds up the ROM.

Also, Tiny's kernel is working pretty good with my GB ROM's. I just don't include custom kernels in the ROM since they can cause problems and confusion.

Enjoy

Nils

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
By the way, I posted version 2.2 today which includes my modified GS kernel with init.d processing working which increases RAM availability and speeds up the ROM.

I saw that earlier. I will add that to my SD when I get off today. Going to test drive the "community" ROM a little while longer.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I saw that earlier. I will add that to my SD when I get off today. Going to test drive the "community" ROM a little while longer.

It's actually a pretty good ROM and he has it trimmed down nice.

Yes, I run all the ROM's also...:D That's the one thing nice about having more than one device since I can run mine as a dialy and run everyone elses on the other. Not to mention testing mine on it.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
It's actually a pretty good ROM and he has it trimmed down nice.

Yes, I run all the ROM's also...:D That's the one thing nice about having more than one device since I can run mine as a dialy and run everyone elses on the other. Not to mention testing mine on it.
Yeah man, that 'community' seems to run so smoothly that it's hard to believe that it's a Sense 3.0 ROM.