Web browser closing on Business_GingerSense 3.5

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
So, if I'm surfing the web and someone messages, texts, or emails me and I use the status bar, or hold the "Home" button to pick from open or recently used apps to go check the message and respond, I run into a problem. The web browser closes completely, instead of staying up in the background.

Anyone else having this problem?

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I appreciate it. I WAS running Redemption and doing ok. Decided to try flashing a newer ROM and this one had good reviews. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to Gingerbread, but it seems weird. Today, it actually did allow the browser to run in the background a couple of times, but then shut it down a couple of others. Also, it seems like anytime I spend more than a few seconds in any app, Sense has to restart when I return to my homescreen. Did I just pick the wrong ROM?

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had that issue with other apps on my fascinate, I found it helps (maybe it's all in my head) if I hit the home button (to go to the home screen) then went to the other app (in your case messaging app) and then back into the original app (browser for you). Again this all could be in my head (as it was not 100%) or there could be something there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
It's real intermittent, with all apps so far. And most of the time, Sense reboots when I close an app. Starting to think this ROM is buggy. Maybe I just need to track down a fresh copy of Redemption, flash an older CWM to work with edify scripts and get back to Froyo. It was stable at least.

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. I did that. My install went: wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, clear Dalvik, run VR_SUPERWIPE-edify.zip, then repeat the whole thing a second time before flashing the ROM. I've done this and reflashed the ROM something like five or six times. I downloaded all my apps individually from Play, not using any "restore" functions in Titanium, ROM Mgr. or ROM Toolbox. Same problem, time after time. Ugh again.

MRHIGHSPEED

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd be all about CM7, except I like the Sense Widgets. Especially the calendar and email ones. That calendar is my lifeline to four kids' schedules.

Our family has two rooted Nook Colors running CM7. Good stuff. Just not the right widgets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty