Titanium Backup

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

So I used Unrevoked 3 and Now I'm trying to use Titanium backup and it tells me I'm either not rooted or I need busybox.

I tried the
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox
command that I saw from an "old" root...

Still no luck on the Titanium Backup.

And comments? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Question: What's the correct backup method I should be using when flashing a new ROM? (E.g. How do I make a backup of my settings, apps and data so that I can simply restore everything the way I like it after I flash to a different ROM?)

twentysided

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Question: What's the correct backup method I should be using when flashing a new ROM? (E.g. How do I make a backup of my settings, apps and data so that I can simply restore everything the way I like it after I flash to a different ROM?)

As far as I know - and I'm a newb at it - you use Titanium for Apps and Data, and Clockwork's Nandroid backup for the stuff underneath (ROM, etc).

So the path I have followed for restore is to restore the Nandroid first, then use Titanium to restore my apps and data.

If you are using LauncherPro, I believe it also can be backed up from within it, although I have not used it to see if it can restore your shortcuts and any custom icons you are using...

Even with the Nandroid restore and then Titanium restore, I still end up tweaking and organizing a bunch of stuff before I consider the phone "back".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress