[PSA] Clockwork 3.0.0.7 SLCD error

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
PSA
If you have an SLCD DInc DO NOT upgrade your Clockwork Recovery to 3.0.0.7. There is a bug that will exhibit the black screen with white lines when you boot into recovery and it will not allow your DInc to boot into your ROM.

You can downgrade back to either 2.5.x or 3.0.0.5

Koush is aware of this bug and he is working on a fix.

For old Recoveries and installation directions you can find them in either of these 2 locations:

My Brain Hurts: ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery Image
Inc. Recoveries | doug piston

UPDATE: The new 3.0.0.8 CWM is now available in ROM Manager.

Last edited:

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
And its even slower with the trackpad . Release it when you have support for both .it might be w.e for us but for noobs it ain't just makes it harder

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
How can he support both if he only has an AMOLED? Progress is being made. The wiping issue has been fixed, at the cost of super quick scrolling. I think we should all be grateful we have someone like Koush who is actively working for us. If it wasn't for him, many of the root-related things we take for granted wouldn't be possible.

Reactions: PvilleComp

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
How can he support both if he only has an AMOLED? Progress is being made. The wiping issue has been fixed, at the cost of super quick scrolling. I think we should all be grateful we have someone like Koush who is actively working for us. If it wasn't for him, many of the root-related things we take for granted wouldn't be possible.

I agree. There is no such thing as bug free software. The devs do everything they can to test as much as they can, but bugs still crop up. Fortunately, the devs in this community are very good about fixing the bugs as quickly as possible.

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Encountered this bug yesterday, and assumed that I had an amoled screen because even though I'm on my second insurance replacement, I actually bought my original phone on the first day it went on sale.

So I was relieved to discover a few hours later that rom manager directed me to "update" to the older version of cwm recovery and then "manually" flashed cm7 nightly v7 quite nicely.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For those who are interested, CWM 3.0.0.8 is available in ROM Manager. First, go into Settings in ROM Manager and select "Erase Recovery" then go to the "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" and select the 3.0.0.8 recovery.

This will fix the SLCD problem as well as other problems in the origional 3.x CWM.

From tdiman's CWM post on XDA:

Why you should upgrade to CWM 3 series from 2 series

•CWM2 IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED AND MAY BREAK AT ANY TIME
•ROM Manager won't work with 2 series anymore
•support for journaling filesystems. Your data is safer.
•pretty orange color
•power down from recovery
•better partitioning support
•may be required for Cyanogenmod in the future. It is not required for the inc as of now.

Why you should not upgrade to CWM3 series

•Fear of messing with recovery is not a good excuse
•You want to install ROMs from ROM developers that use 2 year old technology and have refused to upgrade their zipping mechanisms (put pressure on them to change their installation scripts)
•You like old ROMs that haven't been updated in ages
•You are one of the few that the new recoveries don't work on. Ask and someone can probably help you get through this.

You can also find the PB31IMG.zip files below.
[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]Clockworkmod 3 series - xda-developers