Skyraider 4.0 Available Now

eug.zaydfudim

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone realized that the phone run's hot with this ROM? After 20 minutes of use its much hotter than on stock or SR 3.5. Does anyone know what temps are "normal?"

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone realized that the phone run's hot with this ROM? After 20 minutes of use its much hotter than on stock or SR 3.5. Does anyone know what temps are "normal?"
I haven't noticed any difference at all.. but then again.. I keep my phone underclocked. How is your battery life? what kind of syncing do you have set up?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I backed up CF last night and will try SR tomorrow.

Now is SR actually Sense 2.0, or only 2.0 widgets? I also see there is a SkyRaider_40_Release_p1.zip file. What is that for?
this is taken directly from a response that I asked from XDA regarding your question on the two different zips...

Is there a difference in this ZIP and the beta ZIP... if so, what is the difference and do i flash this p1 zip right on top or update.zip in recovery... Im just kinda confused on what the differences are?

Flash the p1 zip in top in recovery. It just causes the final beta to report as final in settings > about phone > Software information.

here is the link to the XDA page and the specific posts are 8187 and 8188 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=764787&page=819

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having Flash player issues with this ROM?

Nevermind... I took my own advice and READ... found my answer on XDA :) built into ROM.... SEE NEXT POST of mine...

Last edited:

lokey

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had no luck getting Wireless Tether to work until today. I kept getting Starting Access Point and Activating WiFi interface errors in Show Log. Here is the fix that helped me: Wireless Tether Menu>>>Settings>>>Change Channel...... I tried the channels one by one, number four worked, no errors. Stopped tethering, started tethering again, Access point error again.........Went back to chan 1, works. meh. Long as it works......

Ok, disregard all above. Tether wasnt working because the available WiFi in my house interfered. Works like a charm while on the road!

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
@ucluglee The Blah Blah Bla_p1.zip file is a patch. I know it changes the Sys info ROM version from beta to release, but I'm not sure what else it does. I flashed it and had no problems. No need to wipe anything when flashing the patch.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I like how you put "(this week)" into your ROM info... nice... lol

funny cuz it's true.

Late response, first time getting to an actual computer.
Never thought I'd be a weekly flasher but hey, if the kernel fits, flash it right?

Not having any problems with Flash, Hulu, or it running a little hot tonight (insert Van Halen "Panama" riff here)

So far I've got an Up time of 14:47 and counting and an awake time of 4:51 and counting...Love this freaking ROM!:D

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I also see there is a SkyRaider_40_Release_p1.zip file. What is that for?

That file is a tiny patch that just changes the software version under "about" to Skyraider 4.0 from Skyraider 4.0 Beta. See screenshot in post 99 that shows the Beta version. Apply the patch and beta goes away. That is all it does as far as I know.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That file is a tiny patch that just changes the software version under "about" to Skyraider 4.0 from Skyraider 4.0 Beta. See screenshot in post 99 that shows the Beta version. Apply the patch and beta goes away. That is all it does as far as I know.

Thats what i was thinking to. I flashed the rom then rebooted and flashed the patch mine looks like this .
Also been running this rom for just over a week , All is great :cool:

Mine doesnt run hot about the same as other roms ,most time mine stays between 26c(78.8f) to 28c(86f) but depending how long I'm using phone, or how often run GPS it can vary a little more at times .

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thats what i was thinking to. I flashed the rom then rebooted and flashed the patch mine looks like this .
Also been running this rom for just over a week , All is great :cool:
What is strange to me is that if this patch is just a cosmetic fix for phone info... then does a person have to flash the first ZIP and then reflash this ZIP, or can someone just flash the patch from square one? and if so, why don't they remove the first zip and only give the patch as the only option.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What is strange to me is that if this patch is just a cosmetic fix for phone info... then does a person have to flash the first ZIP and then reflash this ZIP, or can someone just flash the patch from square one? and if so, why don't they remove the first zip and only give the patch as the only option.

I think if using rom manger it is combined (if I read xda thread correct),,,,but flashing tho recovery you have to flash the main rom then the patch . I dont know why this isnt combined tho .I always flash tho recovery tho .

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I think if using rom manger it is combined (if I read xda thread correct),,,,but flashing tho recovery you have to flash the main rom then the patch . I dont know why this isnt combined tho .I always flash tho recovery tho .
thats what i figured too...

also, 99percent of the time I only CWM to make my nandroid (from the actual app)... the rest of the time, I DL a ZIP onto my computer, put it onto my SD, and then always use the Manual way of installing it... I have never had any issues... BTW, I honestly love this ROM more everyday, I have had no FC's or anything, battery is sweet too...

davidnc-how did you get your notification bar to be Blue? what mod are you using?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Also here is the size difference between the ROM and the patch just as a more info to it thing , ha :)

I got the blue icons here I just flashed tho recovery ,,, they are called :BLUE GB status bar icons thats all i flashed was the icons nothing else,You have to scroll down the page a little ways but you will see it with icon pictures beside the link to it

SkyRaider 4.0 THEMES by ACD168 - xda-developers<---link

Last edited:
Reactions: Wanda

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Also here is the size difference between the ROM and the patch just as a more info to it thing , ha :)

I got the blue icons here I just flashed tho recovery ,,, they are called :BLUE GB status bar icons thats all i flashed was the icons nothing else,You have to scroll down the page a little ways but you will see it with icon pictures beside the link to it

SkyRaider 4.0 THEMES by ACD168 - xda-developers<---link
Thanks dude... I am DLing the Clear Rosie MOD right now... :)

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yup, awesome battery life with this Rom...not hot battery either.

Guess its time to swap out my battery...

20110430122958.jpg

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the blue icons here I just flashed tho recovery ,,, they are called :BLUE GB status bar icons thats all i flashed was the icons nothing else,You have to scroll down the page a little ways but you will see it with icon pictures beside the link to itSkyRaider 4.0 THEMES by ACD168 - xda-developers<---link

Sweet. Been so busy haven't even checked to see if there were Mods and themes. Thanks man! DL Clear Rosie and Transparent App drawer now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam