menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There's been a lot of gps spoofing in my area by members of both factions. Don't do it. Is anyone else seeing a lot of this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Sure have. Our little G+ Resistance group here in DC has caught a couple recently. Bouncing around the city between two or three points at a rate of apx. 70MPH just isn't possible.The other individual was caught spoofing (or super-trespassing) government facilities that a locked down like mad and perimetered after certain hours.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
While I agree and understand ... is it actually written down anywere that GPS spoofing is against the rules?

I'm just asking because I agree that it violates the spirit of the game, and there's no point to playing if everyone is spoofing their GPS. At the same time, I'm a person that is generally of the opinion that if it doesn't SAY that I can't do it somewhere, then I can. If it doesn't say that, then the rules need to be updated. (Are there rules anywhere?)

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
While I agree and understand ... is it actually written down anywere that GPS spoofing is against the rules? (Are there rules anywhere?)

Yes. Google specifically states the "falsifying locations" and cheating in other ways (some explicitly listed, some implied) in the Ingress Community Guidelines [HERE].

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Google specifically states the "falsifying locations" and cheating in other ways (some explicitly listed, some implied) in the Ingress Community Guidelines [HERE].

Cool. Thanks for the link. So is there a way to report cheating?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87