New Extended battery?!?!

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Please keep us informed guys!! In two days I will order my Inspire. I am trying to get ahead of the game by looking at all the battery saving tips and looking for extended batteries. I am a light user that wants to be a heavy user.... (chalk it up to me being a BB user with serious Android envy!)

Anyway, I saw the following:

On Amazon.com:
ProdiCell Premium 1600mAH Slim Extended Battery for HTC Inspire 4G, Surround, and Desire HD- It has 5 reviews for 5 stars.... but the reviews seem either contrived or posted by techno-challenged people.

This is the one I tried. My first charge ran down at the same rate as my stock battery, but let me use it at 1% for a very long time, probably because it wasn't calibrated? Anyway, I chose the option to clear battery statistics from CWM AFTER my battery was 100% and let it run all the way to 0% and it now works much better. I get longer life now. Now all I need to do is get a charger so I can charge this spare battery in case I need it.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Its alright. Here is the description right from inside that thread i said to go to.

1. With the phone in the on position.

Fully charge the battery with the phone on...(until the led turns green)

Once the led turns green, unplug the charger until the led goes off.

After the led goes off, plug the charger back in. When the led turns green, power off the phone. Now... with the phone fully powered off...

1.1 Unplug the charger.

2. Wait until led goes off.

3. Plug charger back in until led turns green. When it turns green, turn on the phone unplug the charger again and go to step 1.

4. Repeat steps 1 and 3, 10 times This may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 mins. per cycle. Typically only about 1 minute though.

Sent from my Inspiration

Reactions: DevssrT

DevssrT

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks so much. I did this last night and so far I think it is helping...thanks!

Its alright. Here is the description right from inside that thread i said to go to.

After the led goes off, plug the charger back in. When the led turns green, power off the phone. Now... with the phone fully powered off...

1.1 Unplug the charger.

3. Plug charger back in until led turns green. When it turns green, turn on the phone unplug the charger again and go to step 1.

4. Repeat steps 1 and 3, 10 times This may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 mins. per cycle. Typically only about 1 minute though.

Sent from my Inspiration

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Good luck getting it. I recently ordered it from Amazon and they sent a Thunderbolt battery by mistake. Twice!

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

1.1 Unplug the charger.

Sent from my Inspiration

I got my 1600mah battery yesterday and this seems to work. It didn't stay at 1% for a long time at all. I used my phone till it completely dies then fully charged it. I'm going to do this couple of times to see how this battery handles.