Question Mobile Tech Question

GoldTech

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Has any mobile phone company thought of an idea to add a DC capabilities to any new brand of cell phones?. Why am I asking?. Most of the time the mobile phone can not run without a battery inside. Unlike laptops,which you can use the laptop without a battery. The reason I wish mobile phones get a DC adapters is that, sometimes the phone battery becomes really hot while charging and still using the phone. Sometimes we need to make important things with our phones but battery is dead. With direct Current, the phone can be plugged into the outlet and use the phone even without a battery. I am aware that charging phone and using it weakens the battery. Introduction of this technology of using phone just like a laptop can save us a lot of issues.

GoldTech

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
I feel like if there was any real benefit, someone would have already done it by now.
How do you feel when your phone is losing battery instead of gaining when using your phone during charging. Sometimes cos of what is being done on the phone, battery refuses to charge and runs empty. And one has to put the phone down and wait for it to charge. I think in future they have to look into it. Phone should have power without a battery. Especially when being used at home. Charging a phone 5 hours is a lot of time to waste when you could actually turn on a switch to change from battery Power to direct power.

Last edited:

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
How do you feel when your phone is losing battery instead of gaining when using your phone during charging. Sometimes cos of what is being done on the phone, battery refuses to charge and runs empty. And one has to put the phone down and wait for it to charge. I think in future they have to look into it. Phone should have power without a battery. Especially when being used at home. Charging a phone 5 hours is a lot of time to waste when you could actually turn on a switch to change from battery Power to direct power.
Can't say I really have that problem. And I haven't had to charge my phone for 5 hours in years. Fast charging / wireless charging means my phone is pretty much always ready to go or at the very least at 50% in under 20 mins.

GoldTech

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Can't say I really have that problem. And I haven't had to charge my phone for 5 hours in years. Fast charging / wireless charging means my phone is pretty much always ready to go or at the very least at 50% in under 20 mins.
I feel 20 minutes is a lot of time wasted waiting for a phone to charge up to 50%.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. I'm assuming that you aren't looking for an actual answer but more opening a topic of discussion. To which I say find a device with a removeable battery. Back in the day I had several devices that I purchased spare batteries for and would charge one or two of them while using one. I always had a spare in my pocket. The thing someone would run into is that only low end devices are going to have swappable batteries which many people are not going to want. I'd argue people who use low end devices already don't want them because I think most of us would prefer a mid to upper range device just anyway. It just feels like the closest you'd get to this is with a device that the battery can be swapped. They way you describe this anyway would mean that the battery would be removeable. How else could you use it while plugged in without the battery getting hot and all of that?

Just thought of something else, forever ago I also had a house phone that connected through my cell. So you could have handsets all over the house, I think I had the one with 4 handsets, and one cellular device and end up with a phone in every room. Of course this was only good for calls and I think I saw one that would do texts but that could be wishful thinking. It wasn't one that I had anyway. But yeah you could be charging and talking without holding or potentially overheating your device. And if you really have to be on a device there's always the linked device route. Get an old tablet and divert calls to it and do everything else on WiFi. With all of the alternative options maybe that's why no one has done it...?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My own practice is to have more than one phone. If one needs charging, others can be used. I always have one about my person which can be used for sending or receiving texts or calls, via my main number or a secondary one. I doubt that the manufacturers or service providers object to this strategy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Has any mobile phone company thought of an idea to add a DC capabilities to any new brand of cell phones?. Why am I asking?. Most of the time the mobile phone can not run without a battery inside. Unlike laptops,which you can use the laptop without a battery. The reason I wish mobile phones get a DC adapters is that, sometimes the phone battery becomes really hot while charging and still using the phone. Sometimes we need to make important things with our phones but battery is dead. With direct Current, the phone can be plugged into the outlet and use the phone even without a battery. I am aware that charging phone and using it weakens the battery. Introduction of this technology of using phone just like a laptop can save us a lot of issues.
Welcome to AC!
There are devices on the market that can charge your phone from 0-100% in 25 to 30 minutes, you have Power Banks , power save mode to get extra battery, sometimes change your practice when you charge your battery that way doesn't take a long time to charge , do it 30 or 50 %

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000