Bubby's Simple Root Help

astrosan2983

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am new to rooting, and this is my first time with a smartphone. I am trying to use Bubby's Simple Root, but when I get into HBOOT, it says that it can not find the PD98...img. I have tried puting the file in my phone, but i do not know exactly where to get it and which file to put it in. Please help! Any would be greatly appeciated.

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am new to rooting, and this is my first time with a smartphone. I am trying to use Bubby's Simple Root, but when I get into HBOOT, it says that it can not find the PD98...img. I have tried puting the file in my phone, but i do not know exactly where to get it and which file to put it in. Please help! Any would be greatly appeciated.

This is the method I used to fianlly get it to work:
How To Easily Create Gold Card For HTC Desire Without Hex Editing

Reactions: astrosan2983

astrosan2983

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Ill see if this works. I guess my gold card didn't work the first time. What sd cards seem to be the best to make them with?

Last edited:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Ill see if this works. I guess my gold card didn't work the first time. What sd cards seem to be the best to make them with?

I've found it's hit or miss with any brand of SD card. I tried 2 SanDisk cards and neither worked. I then tried the one that came with a BlackBerry I had from 3 years ago and that one didn't even have a brand name on it but it worked. Go figure. :D Trial and error really.

cabits

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with two different SanDisk 8GB SD cards. They would both go all the way up to HBOOT screen then never find the PD98img file. I had to manually copy the file over to the SDcard to get it to work and restart the procedure.

cabits

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I did find another problem after the root was completed....I can't use dwn vol and power to start in recovery mode. Any ideas? Any new key combination of keys to use instead? or must I use the Rom manager?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty