new to Android (not quite yet)

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I was using an iPhone 4 (jailbroken) until I drowned it two weeks ago. I was happy with it, but with the chance to change I looked around at Android phones also. I came across the Galaxy S2 and I have just about decided on that. I know some people have been waiting on the S2 for months. I can only imagine their pain since the last two weeks have been hard. The 4.3" screen is the perfect size to me with 4" being second pick. I saw the Best Buy one day sale on the Atrix (free with 2 year contract), but I decided to hold out for what I really want. I am counting the days until the Samsung announcement on the 29th.

I also ordered one of the HP Touchpads two nights ago for the sale price.

Matt

Alex.Kim

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The S2 doesn't even have a US release date yet. A few days ago, I upgraded from my Palm Pre Plus to a Samsung Captivate for $20 at Costco (they have a ton of great deals on Android phones). I was also really excited for the S2, but then realized it may not even come to AT&T. If you've noticed, AT&T isn't really investing in Android, but more in Windows 7 Phones. Also, if you're up for it, you can install a custom rom for the Samsung Captivate that pretty much turns it into an S2 (Android 2.3, Touchwiz 4). I highly recommend the Captivate, as it isn't outdated yet, and has a 4" screen. Btw, you shouldn't have gotten the webOS tablet. It's pretty fat compared to most tablets, and webOS has a bad app marketplace.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The S2 doesn't even have a US release date yet. A few days ago, I upgraded from my Palm Pre Plus to a Samsung Captivate for $20 at Costco (they have a ton of great deals on Android phones). I was also really excited for the S2, but then realized it may not even come to AT&T. If you've noticed, AT&T isn't really investing in Android, but more in Windows 7 Phones. Also, if you're up for it, you can install a custom rom for the Samsung Captivate that pretty much turns it into an S2 (Android 2.3, Touchwiz 4). I highly recommend the Captivate, as it isn't outdated yet, and has a 4" screen. Btw, you shouldn't have gotten the webOS tablet. It's pretty fat compared to most tablets, and webOS has a bad app marketplace.
She doesn't have a release date right now, but hopefully she will in eight days (the big Samsung event on the 29th). I will be very surprised if she isn't available to buy sometime in September. It may or may not have a slider or they may get rid of the iPhone style center button for the more traditional Android buttons at the bottom, but my research tells me the Attain is coming.

For $100, the HP Touchpad is worth every penny to me as a portable movie player / web browser. If it has a few apps that do things that is icing on the cake. Eventually maybe they will even be able to put an Android operating system on her.

Matt

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
She doesn't have a release date right now, but hopefully she will in eight days (the big Samsung event on the 29th). I will be very surprised if she isn't available to buy sometime in September. It may or may not have a slider or they may get rid of the iPhone style center button for the more traditional Android buttons at the bottom, but my research tells me the Attain is coming.

For $100, the HP Touchpad is worth every penny to me as a portable movie player / web browser. If it has a few apps that do things that is icing on the cake. Eventually maybe they will even be able to put an Android operating system on her.

Matt

Sounds like you have done some good research and are on the right track.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alex.Kim

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Matt
Lol sry I thought the Touchpad was still $499