Greetings from a possible iPhone refugee

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! I may be joining the Android community soon, if Verizon ever decides to release the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm still plugging away on my iPhone 3GS on AT&T, but I'm thinking about a big switch, for several reasons:

--AT&T sucks in my area (Washington DC).

--Not a huge data user because of frequent WiFi access, so tiered VZW service isn't a dealbreaker. I just the access to be there and be reasonably reliable.

--iPhone 4S doesn't have LTE capability on any carrier, and doesn't really add much to my current experience beyond a better processor. Siri etc. is just so much kid's stuff. It bothers me a bit that Apple is going down the road of becoming gimmicky and implementing stuff that doesn't work well.

--My 3GS has provided over two years of good service, but each firmware update has slowed the thing down little by little to the point that it's now a major distraction. I wish I had never upgraded it beyond v.3.x. I'm not interested in waiting for whatever the iPhone 5 turns out to be.

--It's good to change things up every now and then.

I've already learned quite a bit by browsing the forums here, and hopefully I can contribute something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty