MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to AC!! I also have the Nexus 7 and it's a great tablet. Cheers!! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
It's time to convert your Dad to Linux! Nah, I know that's hard. I haven't even done that. :D

I love driving but I don't have a car at the moment. So I'm devoting all my tech time to phones. My downfall, so expensive! :( Yet so addicting. �� What will be your next phone purchase (when you can)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Linux is winning! haha! He's gotten lazy in his older years he's 50 now. And for as long as I can remember he's been the network manager for a school. He used to ALWAYS be tinkering and doing something, which is probably where I got the bug from haha! But.... now he just wants to watch tv. Can't blame him after working since the tender age of 17. He more than deserves it! :)

My next phone purchase......... .......... I've avoided checking out whats going on but I sort of fancy the galaxy s range.... I don't know. I'd probably sooner buy a tablet or something like that. I love my phones but I am so in love with the Q10 that I don't have a need for a new one. haha!

PS: Come take my car please. It only needs a battery :p xx

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hahah! I know, it's terrible, but so much fun! I am now drooling for a few different things, a BlackBerry Z10, next year's Nexus, a Moto X2, an Xperia
something, and I wouldn't sneeze at a Galaxy something too, not to mention HTC, and others. I'll have to whittle that list down somehow though. :D:D:D Carphone warehouse is calling your name! XD 😸

I wish we had a Carphone Warehouse in the States!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Linux is winning! haha! He's gotten lazy in his older years he's 50 now. And for as long as I can remember he's been the network manager for a school. He used to ALWAYS be tinkering and doing something, which is probably where I got the bug from haha! But.... now he just wants to watch tv. Can't blame him after working since the tender age of 17. He more than deserves it! :)

My next phone purchase......... .......... I've avoided checking out whats going on but I sort of fancy the galaxy s range.... I don't know. I'd probably sooner buy a tablet or something like that. I love my phones but I am so in love with the Q10 that I don't have a need for a new one. haha!

PS: Come take my car please. It only needs a battery :p xx

I'd love to take your car! Wait, how do you have a car but still take driving lessons? :eek::what: I was going to ask how the battery life was! "Can you post a screenshot?" Hahaha! :D (Don't mind me, I'm just a bit punchy because I didn't have lunch yet!)

It's true, as we age, or just go through TV phases, sometimes tinker less, but let your Dad enjoy his TV shows! :D As for the Q10, isn't that screen kinda small, though? I mean it's less than 4.2"! XD :D

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Less than 4.2"? Is that still legal?!! I thought all smartphone screens had to be 4.5"+? ...or does Blackberry have some kind of special "grandfathered" exemption?

g2
Probably do. Only acquired through their former "dominance" of enterprise. If it's not broken don't fix it mentality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using AC Forums mobile app.

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to take your car! Wait, how do you have a car but still take driving lessons? :eek::what: I was going to ask how the battery life was! "Can you post a screenshot?" Hahaha! :D (Don't mind me, I'm just a bit punchy because I didn't have lunch yet!)

It's true, as we age, or just go through TV phases, sometimes tinker less, but let your Dad enjoy his TV shows! :D As for the Q10, isn't that screen kinda small, though? I mean it's less than 4.2"! XD :D

Right.

I have a car because my mum used to drive before she had her licence revoked for medical reasons. Her car then became mine. That was almost three years ago now. The car hasn't moved, I only started learning this year. Mostly I've never been all that interested in driving - I'm a motorbike girl, and have been since I was 8 and saw a customised pink Harley!

But now my Grandad is getting sicker, so I really need to a) Get my full liscence, and b) Fix the damn car. (Just needs a battery, I think the breaks are fine etc) Anyway yeah that's my long story short haha!

Yes I can take a screenshot... but what of? My home screen or? And how does one do that can I take a photo of it on my phone? hehe!

Yeah he can enjoy his TV,, it's just when I get shouted at I'm not too impressed haha!

Q10 screen is bigger than the previous BB models of this type. But you're right, if it's a big screen you're after probably better to try out the z10 or the z30 :)

RE: Carphone warehouse if you guys want anything I can buy it and ship it to you :) Just ask. x

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Right.

I have a car because my mum used to drive before she had her licence revoked for medical reasons. Her car then became mine. That was almost three years ago now. The car hasn't moved, I only started learning this year. Mostly I've never been all that interested in driving - I'm a motorbike girl, and have been since I was 8 and saw a customised pink Harley!

But now my Grandad is getting sicker, so I really need to a) Get my full liscence, and b) Fix the damn car. (Just needs a battery, I think the breaks are fine etc) Anyway yeah that's my long story short haha!

Yes I can take a screenshot... but what of? My home screen or? And how does one do that can I take a photo of it on my phone? hehe!

Yeah he can enjoy his TV,, it's just when I get shouted at I'm not too impressed haha!

Q10 screen is bigger than the previous BB models of this type. But you're right, if it's a big screen you're after probably better to try out the z10 or the z30 :)

RE: Carphone warehouse if you guys want anything I can buy it and ship it to you :) Just ask. x

Ohh, I didn't know they could revoke your license due to illness there. Wow. Well, luckily you still have it to help your family with. I was just kidding about the screenshot (of your car's battery) because we do a lot of battery screenshots here. :D

I hope your Grandfather feels better. It's sad to see loved ones ill.

So, a pink motorbike??? :D I wanted to get one (a black one!) at one time and actually had people talk me out of it. Oh well. :(

Thanks for the nice shopping offer, on behalf of the several million of us! Haha! Just kidding, it's nice of you! I'd love to spend some money but have none at the moment. It's early morning in your part of the world already... The sun is coming up, a nice thought at 1:48am. :D

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Ohh, I didn't know they could revoke your license due to illness there. Wow. Well, luckily you still have it to help your family with. I was just kidding about the screenshot (of your car's battery) because we do a lot of battery screenshots here. :D

I hope your Grandfather feels better. It's sad to see loved ones ill.

So, a pink motorbike??? :D I wanted to get one (a black one!) at one time and actually had people talk me out of it. Oh well. :(

Thanks for the nice shopping offer, on behalf of the several million of us! Haha! Just kidding, it's nice of you! I'd love to spend some money but have none at the moment. It's early morning in your part of the world already... The sun is coming up, a nice thought at 1:48am. :D

They tend to get a bit worried when you're essentially going blind ;) :L ha! It is very sad to see loved ones ill unfortunately It's been my life story. :) I don't mind though :DOh I see the car battery! I thought you meant the nexus! haha!

Thank you I hope he does too!

Pink Harley WINNING! hehe. No one has talked me out of it yet, I just.... need a better way haha!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
They tend to get a bit worried when you're essentially going blind ;) :L ha! It is very sad to see loved ones ill unfortunately It's been my life story. :) I don't mind though :DOh I see the car battery! I thought you meant the nexus! haha!

Thank you I hope he does too!

Pink Harley WINNING! hehe. No one has talked me out of it yet, I just.... need a better way haha!

Oh I understand. Here, unless you have to go to the Dept. Motor Vehicles to renew, they wouldn't know. I guess doctors could report it, but they don't as far as I know. If we end up having single payer health insurance it will be like there. I was just taken aback by the government involvement in health/life.

Well, I hope things go better for your mother and family, and you. That's a lot of responsibility on your shoulders! You deserve a pink Harley! In fact we hanging out at AC should buy you one! :D

Yes, the battery screenshot, I have a goofy sense of humor sometimes! :D I hope you're having a good Sunday!

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh I understand. Here, unless you have to go to the Dept. Motor Vehicles to renew, they wouldn't know. I guess doctors could report it, but they don't as far as I know. If we end up having single payer health insurance it will be like there. I was just taken aback by the government involvement in health/life.

Well, I hope things go better for your mother and family, and you. That's a lot of responsibility on your shoulders! You deserve a pink Harley! In fact we hanging out at AC should buy you one! :D

Yes, the battery screenshot, I have a goofy sense of humor sometimes! :D I hope you're having a good Sunday!

Oddly, I think the opticians reported it....They're running out of frames big enough to accomodate her lenses ha! (I have a dark sense of humor. sorry.)
They're not really involved in MOST people's health/life. But because of the NHS and the benefit system my mum and other people with illness/disabilities kind of end up having a lot of people know their business. It's frustrating. You call upon one service and they let everyone know. It feels kind of wrong, but I can see why they have done it. we actually signed an agreement at the London hospital to say that we didn't mind our records being part of the shared network for various services, all of which were health related. But yeah. I'm greatful for the NHS, my family would be dead if it wasn't for them. Majoritally.

Also, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't sleep at all Sunday night and so Monday was a haze and then Monday night I slept for like, ever! So now I'm awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed!! so to speak :)

Thank you, that's really kind of you to wish my family well :) I hope they do too. Sad truth is they wont but I'd trade with them any day of the week, they'd make more use of my life than I do anyhow :)
Haha I deserve a pink Harley?! I only do what any loving family member would do :) I'm nothing special, I know carers for family memebers who are 10 and 15. They deserve a lot more than I can give them except love and the best support I can. Lifes hard sometimes but it all makes us who we are :)

AC should not, under any circumstances, buy me anything! I would be so mortified haha! But the thought is sweet :D

You have any new years plans and resoloutions? :D

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Oddly, I think the opticians reported it....They're running out of frames big enough to accomodate her lenses ha! (I have a dark sense of humor. sorry.)
They're not really involved in MOST people's health/life. But because of the NHS and the benefit system my mum and other people with illness/disabilities kind of end up having a lot of people know their business. It's frustrating. You call upon one service and they let everyone know. It feels kind of wrong, but I can see why they have done it. we actually signed an agreement at the London hospital to say that we didn't mind our records being part of the shared network for various services, all of which were health related. But yeah. I'm greatful for the NHS, my family would be dead if it wasn't for them. Majoritally.

Also, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't sleep at all Sunday night and so Monday was a haze and then Monday night I slept for like, ever! So now I'm awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed!! so to speak :)

Thank you, that's really kind of you to wish my family well :) I hope they do too. Sad truth is they wont but I'd trade with them any day of the week, they'd make more use of my life than I do anyhow :)
Haha I deserve a pink Harley?! I only do what any loving family member would do :) I'm nothing special, I know carers for family memebers who are 10 and 15. They deserve a lot more than I can give them except love and the best support I can. Lifes hard sometimes but it all makes us who we are :)

AC should not, under any circumstances, buy me anything! I would be so mortified haha! But the thought is sweet :D

You have any new years plans and resoloutions? :D
D
Lexy, welcome back! Glad you got some sleep. I agree with everything you said.. You must be a very old soul to be so wise so young. I know how you feel, I've lost loved ones I would have gladly traded with. It's so sad. But that's why we talk fun stuff like phones and motorcycles. :D
I'm wondering if I'll ever get a car and a cat. I have such simple aspirations. :D

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Haha, maybe not in my life... But in theory. :D How is it going?

Well, in theory. Everyones life is different. It is easier for me to get to Ireland than to own a cat living with my parents haha!

It's .... going. HAHA! Somewhere in between Dublin Airport and my house, I managed to loose BOTH pairs of my glasses.
Went to the ops yesterday and got contact lenses, and freaking lost one of those too.
I am clearly not meant to see.

I have another job interview next friday and if I get the job it would be so awesome, as it's right by my house. It's in a residential are home :)

How're you?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, in theory. Everyones life is different. It is easier for me to get to Ireland than to own a cat living with my parents haha!

It's .... going. HAHA! Somewhere in between Dublin Airport and my house, I managed to loose BOTH pairs of my glasses.
Went to the ops yesterday and got contact lenses, and freaking lost one of those too.
I am clearly not meant to see.

I have another job interview next friday and if I get the job it would be so awesome, as it's right by my house. It's in a residential are home :)

How're you?

Oh I'm ok, a bit cold at the moment. Wow, how wild to lose your glasses and a contact lens. Sorry to hear that. It's not hard to do while traveling, though. Things are less organized then. But I hope you had fun? :)

I hope you get the job. It's so much easier when it's close by.

I have to figure out what to eat here. I've been putting it off because it's too cold to get out from under my goose down blanket. 0_o