Hi there!

ReigerZA

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading the blog and forums for so long I might just as well pop in and say hello.

I have only recently converted to Android with the purchase of a Nexus 5. I used to be an avid Blackberry user but unfortunately I did not have a good experience with Blackberry 10. I'm also not a huge fan of iPhone or Windows phones, though it is very good platforms indeed it's just not for me. And to be honest, I have always wondered why so many people rave about Android. As an uneducated user I only experienced "Android" mostly on Galaxy phones, while the phone is brilliant I found "Android" to be difficult, full of bloat and not that user friendly. That was my impression only until I've learned about pure Google Nexus Android and manufacturer skinned Android versions (eg Touchwizz, etc).

So I picked up a Nexus 5 and I love the pure Nexus Android experience which is for me far better than any other skinned version. I haven't rooted and custom rom'ed yet, though I might do this somewhere down the road not because I need to (Kitkat is simply that good), it would mainly be just out of curiosity. The only sad thing for me is that Nexus phones aren't freely available in South Africa and I hope to see it change soon.

In any case, hello to all!! :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad you decided to join the forums! :) Welcome!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading the blog and forums for so long I might just as well pop in and say hello.

I have only recently converted to Android with the purchase of a Nexus 5. I used to be an avid Blackberry user but unfortunately I did not have a good experience with Blackberry 10. I'm also not a huge fan of iPhone or Windows phones, though it is very good platforms indeed it's just not for me. And to be honest, I have always wondered why so many people rave about Android. As an uneducated user I only experienced "Android" mostly on Galaxy phones, while the phone is brilliant I found "Android" to be difficult, full of bloat and not that user friendly. That was my impression only until I've learned about pure Google Nexus Android and manufacturer skinned Android versions (eg Touchwizz, etc).

So I picked up a Nexus 5 and I love the pure Nexus Android experience which is for me far better than any other skinned version. I haven't rooted and custom rom'ed yet, though I might do this somewhere down the road not because I need to (Kitkat is simply that good), it would mainly be just out of curiosity. The only sad thing for me is that Nexus phones aren't freely available in South Africa and I hope to see it change soon.

In any case, hello to all!! :)

Welcome to the forums.
Always nice when someone stops lurking! Enjoy the Nexus 5. I love that phone!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.