Hi.. where do I post.. lol

MaryHand

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi I am Mary.. a 60 year old woman who is just learning.. I do talk and text that can really screw things up I should add.. My punctuation sucks but spelling is okay with talking text LOL. I received an Android phone for Christmas from a friend who's even poorer than me.. it took me three days to figure out how to answer it, although I could call you back... I'm a full-time caregiver of my husband who has cancer.. A few weeks ago things didn't look very good period I was sitting up at night and I started messing with my phone.. anyway just a bit of background.. I went from not being able to answer it to I have a new launcher and wonderful icons.. For some reason I have found this very interesting.. I find myself trying to learn more and more unfortunately it can be rather hard to teach yourself something you don't know anything about.. I have always been a bit of a rule-breaker- a bit of a prankster and have really been enjoying learning is much as I can. I'm not one to offer any advice obviously.. I feel a bit silly saying how little I actually know but I am learning fast. I actually tapped on the developers mode lol.. in fact that's how I found you guys when I was looking up what each one was for. Well if I still haven't lost you with this long post I promise I will hang mostly in the background but I may have a question now and then.. and maybe someone to help me out with a few things. I do have a older tablet that I mostly experiment on. So hi to each one of you I could tell you some funny stories but just imagine someone my age learning a phone for the first time

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Mary!
Welcome to the forums at Android Central!

It's never too late to learn. Ask questions, we will do our best to help you.

Enjoy and have fun!

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Mary. A forum can be kind of intimidating at first. But the community as a whole is really nice.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome! Ask all the questions you like. :) It's one of the main reasons that the forums exist.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to AndroidCentral @MaryHand! Thanks for joining this awesome community. :D If you want to learn things, you have come to the right place. The blog posts are normally very informative and even people who have been here a couple years still learn new things.

I could tell you some funny stories but just imagine someone my age learning a phone for the first time

You are never too old to learn new things. Its all about attitude and being confident that you can do it!. See you around the forums.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: I welcome @MaryHand to ACentral as well..You've written an

oxon Introduction and let Me tell you, when it comes to use

the wireless devices - Age doesn't count. So if have

any questions send them and enjoy the forums

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Mary! You seem like a very caring and fun-loving person! Welcome to the forums, and enjoy! Age is only a number - my father, who was in his late eighties before he died, danced silly dances and ate cake and ice cream like a cute little kid. :) It's never too late to learn new things, or to be enthralled by something new! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. :)

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Good onya Mary, you're never too old! I'm 63 and manage to blunder my way around these shiny devices.... Keep up the good work!

Redbert31

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mary! Welcome to Android Central. Like the others said, some of us are older, some younger, but we all enjoy learning from and chatting on the forum, sharing friendship and helping others along the way. Hope you enjoy. I'm like you, 64, and I don't know too many answers, but I enjoy hanging out and learning what I can