Apple iWatch Gold starting at $10,000+

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're referring to Android Wear's need to pair with a phone, then they also do that. Once paired, your watch can still tell time without the phone.

That being said, and while I don't agree with a 10k watch that does the same as their 500 one, this is gold, so the material cost MIGHT justify it (again, I'm not sure if it does, I'm no expert). Not something I would buy, but I'm sure a lot of people out there don't know what to do with their easily-obtained (in my experience, people with this kind of cash to burn on a whim don't really earn it and don't really have a hard time getting it, but again, not all of them... some do work hard to get rich) will be happy to buy one.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Just making fun of the price of $10K and you still got to pay upto $900 for a iPhone 6. I have a buddy that has the Samsung Gear S that I make fun of when he calls me on it since it sounds bad. But, at least the Gear S can get a phone call without his Note 4 if the battery is dead.

I remember reading this article today as I watched the Apple event when they said $10K for the gold iWatch...

"A jewelry contact familiar with the matter told TechCrunch that the gold, 18-karat version of the Apple Watch could cost around $1,200 retail when it launches in January. This has been corroborated, based on size and weight, by jewelers familiar with the material Apple is using to make its Apple Watch Edition pieces. It should be noted that this is an estimate and the piece could come in well below that price."

"Chad Rickicki, a watch expert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said that a case the size and shape of the Apple Watch in 18 carat gold would cost about $600 to make. The rest – the electronics and markup could double that price."

The Gold Apple Watch Could Cost As Much As $1,200 | TechCrunch

Even Phil Nickinson said in his story about the iWatch "Producing a product that starts at $10,000 is only going to further the idea that Apple overcharges its customers. Maybe the fancy gold version of the Apple Watch is worth $10,000 (starting price), but popular opinion is what it is."

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo