Apple's new A11 has a benchmark much higher than the OnePlus 5

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my phone from Samsung direct, on 26 Aug, N7 promo. Still showing Pre-order on samsung.com. and no update on the fedex delivery manager about shipping. What should I do?

Be patient and wait for it to ship, or cancel the order and get it somewhere else. For a $425 discount for my old S5, I'm choosing to be patient.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone X may have a "new" chip but is using old screen tech they scarfed off Samsung. When you don't have to push as many nits as the Note8, and don't offer as many features, it's going to fly. Kind of like shoehorning a V8 in a Miata.

Personally, I'll take the Hot Hatch Note8. Practical at everyday things. Fast enough to put a smile on your face, and looks good too.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
As with all these benchmark results - fans of the platform will cheer, rivals will say they're meaningless. Until the results reverse, at which point each side will do the same - faster than an A11 Bionic chip can compute a finger swipe.

Nobody even thinks about any of this until it's posted. It's not info anybody seeks out. So it is pretty meaningless... Unless you're a super nerd.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nobody even thinks about any of this until it's posted. It's not info anybody seeks out. So it is pretty meaningless... Unless you're a super nerd.

It was pretty popular for a while. Kind of like how 'speed tests' are now. I think most of even the nerd population now is like: As long as the phone runs fine, no worries.

I think it gained popularity when it did was there were some very early Android devices that ran like crap.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It was pretty popular for a while. Kind of like how 'speed tests' are now. I think most of even the nerd population now is like: As long as the phone runs fine, no worries.

I think it gained popularity when it did was there were some very early Android devices that ran like crap.

Early Android was crap and early iPhones were good.
That isn't the case anymore.
Andriod is still as customizable as ever and is now quite clean and the 82X series and up hardware is pretty decent. Battery life seems to keep getting better with each new generation of chips and software version as well.

I am just simply amazed with the battery life on my Pixel after it got the Oreo update and TMO upgraded the towers nearby so that I get full signal at work.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Early Android was crap and early iPhones were good.
That isn't the case anymore.

Very true. I think even the current generation Pixel will be able to give the X a run for it's money. I guess it still comes back to the topic of the thread; Sure the X has a higher benchmark. But to pose a question: does it really matter anymore? I would say in the short answer, no.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I remember back in the days when Android enthusiasts would brag about how many cores their phone has which made the device more powerful compared to the measly iPhone single or dual core chipset. Now that Apple has proved that cores mean nothing and tuning means everything, all these Android owners don't mention it anymore. Apple owners always touted about real world usage. Now It's Androidians who are saying the same thing. It's amusing.