Stuff that is "broken" in ICS, is it fixed in JB?

Bishounen

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
There are a few features in ICS that seem "broken" that I am hoping to see fixed in JB. Does anyone know if these issues have been addressed?

1. No "Pinch to zoom" in Gmail app. - Broken for YEARS now. Is it fixed in JB?

2. Wallpaper - Wallpaper is broken in ICS (That stupid "zoom" shape. WTF is up with that?) i should be able to stretch, zoom, fit, etc with the wallpaper. As it is right now I have to use a buggy 3rd party app to properly fit wallpaper. It's annoying.

3. Seriously wanting account "sync" capabilities and controls. Improved in JB?

4. Better multitasking - While the pseudo multitasking that ICS has is a far sight better than anything Apple has, it is still years behind what webOS had. Any improvements in JB, or is my Angry Birds still going to RESTART after I return to the home screen or go to another app for more than 60 seconds?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If anyone else can think of anything, please feel free to add it to the list.

And please don't take this as trolling. It isn't. I LOVE my Sprint GNex and ICS (and JB once I can get it from Sprint), but I won't wear rose-colored glasses about Android's deficiencies either. Android is great, but still needs improvement. Hoping to see some of these improvements in JB.

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
There are a few features in ICS that seem "broken" that I am hoping to see fixed in JB. Does anyone know if these issues have been addressed?

1. No "Pinch to zoom" in Gmail app. - Broken for YEARS now. Is it fixed in JB?
Nope, but this has to do with app, not the OS, per say. Same app.

2. Wallpaper - Wallpaper is broken in ICS (That stupid "zoom" shape. WTF is up with that?) i should be able to stretch, zoom, fit, etc with the wallpaper. As it is right now I have to use a buggy 3rd party app to properly fit wallpaper. It's annoying.
It's the same, but I've never had wallpaper issues before, so /shrug

3. Seriously wanting account "sync" capabilities and controls. Improved in JB?
What do you mean by this?

4. Better multitasking - While the pseudo multitasking that ICS has is a far sight better than anything Apple has, it is still years behind what webOS had. Any improvements in JB, or is my Angry Birds still going to RESTART after I return to the home screen or go to another app for more than 60 seconds?
The "recent apps" cards/list is a bit improved and you can even swipe away stuff you don't want a la webOS. I'm not a hardcore angrybirder but I've started other games and come back to them an hour later with them still loaded...and other times they've had to restart.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So this is more of a feature wish list than a list of broken features. They are still yet to be added I'm afraid.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

System kills applications when there risky number of free memory (There no swap, so out of physical memory = device reset) and as i learned in I/O sessions this year the applications that killing can free most of memory are first in line to shot out. I don't have JB but fact that they said on this year session it mean it's still valid in JB.

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
my SMS/text app on the stock ICS Nexus S sometimes just crashed while loading new messages. Also it didn't reliably show new incoming text messages in the notification bar or play a notofication sound. After using the JB update for about a day now I think this issue has been fixed. ;)

briancook451

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The only gripe I have now is in ICS I could text and text and text and text but now on JB when I do that it come up with a dialogue telling me that Messaging is sending too many messages and asks if I want to send the message. I can't remember exactly how it is worded but it slows me right down

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The only gripe I have now is in ICS I could text and text and text and text but now on JB when I do that it come up with a dialogue telling me that Messaging is sending too many messages and asks if I want to send the message. I can't remember exactly how it is worded but it slows me right down

I text like mad at times and haven't run across this. This is really a security measure that's supposed to keep a botnet infected phone from spamming SMS messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty