Always plays two notification sounds instead of one?!

Machinegunless

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey everybody!

I got my Note II a while ago and I love it with all of my heart and soul. However, I've been having a problem for a long time that's lead me to leave my phone on vibrate 100% of the time and not hear awesome sounds from my phone.

When I first got the phone I set the default notification sound to the stock "bottle pop". Then, being the kind of guy that I am, I downloaded Zedge and then a bunch more sounds. Through Zedge I set my notification sound to something else, but the phone would play the new sound and the "bottle pop" sound every time. Sometimes one and then the other, sometimes one would cut the other off... totally random.

No matter what I do I cannot get rid of that "bottle pop" sound. I tried deleting Zedge. I can set the default notification sound to anything, I can set the text-specific sound to either default or anything else, or silent. Every single time, the phone will do whatever I set it to AND the stupid "bottle pop" sound. I've looked for a long time and never found someone else with this exact issue, so I gave up a while ago. I've had the thing turned to vibrate for way too long, and it's starting to bother me again. Can anyone help me?? Thanks!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the folder while connected to a pc and deleting the "bottle pop" sound. (Copy it first in case you need to put it back.)

Machinegunless

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't thought of that! I really appreciate the response.

But, I can't seem to find this file anywhere... I've used Windows Explorer search, then looked through myself, and it actually looks like there are way less files in the Notifications folder than there should be. I set Explorer to show hidden files, but still I can't find it anywhere on the phone or SD card. I can go into my sound settings on the phone though and there it is, taunting me. It's just called "Opener", by the way.

Machinegunless

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
So... I'll fix this if I can figure it out, but for now I've used Tasker to remedy the situation.

I have it set to play whatever sound I choose when I get a notification. It plays it through the ringtone stream so it's tied to the ringtone volume while I keep the notification volume all the way down.

Tasker is my new best friend.