Strange messge after 4.3 update

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
All 3 of my Nexus Devices are popping up a message a couple of times per day.
"Request Permission" Then when I select it, the message is "Google Play Services has stopped" and a code number underneath.
Any ideas?

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You cleared the framework, didn't you?
Try not to do that, it has unintended consequences like this.

Just remove your Google account from the phone and sign back in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(301129)

May 1, 2011
www.romamexico.com
I had done that already. Everything seems to work fine on my devices, I just get the error messages once in a while. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the messages.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is probably happening during sync. Go into your Android sync settings and choose "Sync now" in the Google section. The "Request permission" message should pop up.

This appears to often be connected with the My Tracks application. If you are using it, go into the My Tracks settings and turn off the synch. Make sure to do it in the app, not the Android settings. After that, "Sync now" should no longer bring up the message. Now turn the sync back on in the My Tracks settings. It should ask you for an additional permission. Allow it and the problem will be fixed.

If you are not using My Tracks, maybe you will find a similar issue with another application. However, in every case I've heard of lately where the app was identified, it turned out to be My Tracks. That's what it was in my case as well.