Unfortunately, Email has stopped - Unable to check email

GubiD

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello fellow forum goers.

I recently have started to experiencing the infamous 'Unfortunately, Email has stopped" error with my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro. The phone is using Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Kernal 3.0.31-1371191. I have been able to use the native email application to check my email for easily the last year. However, last week, it has started to produce this issue. I am not sure what changed that has started to trigger it. I normally do not install updates, but as of a result of the error I have installed all updates to current to no avail.

Allow me to explain what is happening and what I have done to attempt to resolve:
1. When I open email, I can see all my unread/read email for the various mail folders. When I attempt to open any individual email it hangs for a moment, then crashes with the above message.
2. When I attempt to compose an email it crashes with the above message.
3. When I attempt to add another account, after entering the email and password it crashes again with the above message.

Things I have done:
1. Restarted my phone
2. Force stopped email
3. I installed all the latest updates, even installed the 'at&t messaging' application.
4. I have since attempted to clear data and settings for email.
5. I additionally removed my accounts and attempted to re-add them. However, I am again greeted with the crash. So now I have even less functionality then I had previously.

So anyway, I have no idea how to proceed with this. I will be taking it to the at&t store tomorrow to see if they can help. The phone has not been jail broken or re-imaged in any way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
You can try clearing cache in the app. Settings>Apps>Swipe over to All Apps>scroll to email>click clear cache.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello fellow forum goers.

I recently have started to experiencing the infamous 'Unfortunately, Email has stopped" error with my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro. The phone is using Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Kernal 3.0.31-1371191. I have been able to use the native email application to check my email for easily the last year. However, last week, it has started to produce this issue. I am not sure what changed that has started to trigger it. I normally do not install updates, but as of a result of the error I have installed all updates to current to no avail.

Allow me to explain what is happening and what I have done to attempt to resolve:
1. When I open email, I can see all my unread/read email for the various mail folders. When I attempt to open any individual email it hangs for a moment, then crashes with the above message.
2. When I attempt to compose an email it crashes with the above message.
3. When I attempt to add another account, after entering the email and password it crashes again with the above message.

Things I have done:
1. Restarted my phone
2. Force stopped email
3. I installed all the latest updates, even installed the 'at&t messaging' application.
4. I have since attempted to clear data and settings for email.
5. I additionally removed my accounts and attempted to re-add them. However, I am again greeted with the crash. So now I have even less functionality then I had previously.

So anyway, I have no idea how to proceed with this. I will be taking it to the at&t store tomorrow to see if they can help. The phone has not been jail broken or re-imaged in any way.

Welcome to the forums.
You can try clearing cache in the app. Settings>Apps>Swipe over to All Apps>scroll to email>click clear cache.

GubiD

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have attempted to clear cache/data/settings for the email app to no avail. I am still met with the error.

Last edited:

jonathan3195

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This happened to my lg optimus f3 I rooted it for hotspot but the error thing did not happen when I rooted it it happen a few months later I just returned it to best buy and got the s3 so just return it or restore ur phone

GubiD

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
In order to fix this I ended up doing a Factory Reset. Still no idea what was going on, but that got it all fixed up. Reinstalled all updates and no issues. ???
Whatever though, you can probably just close this item.

daveeeee68

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I've reset my tab to factory settings, but unfortunately the message, email has stopped will not go. Have cleared the cache, and still won't clear it. Doesn't give me the option to disable or remove the email.
Any help much appreciated.

CaitHop

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell me if you found a solution to this problem? My galaxy s5 is doing the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
My message is "Unfortunately, Mail has stopped." That is what i get when i reply to or forward email in my HTC One M8 Mail app.
No idea how to solve this issue. It is a tough one to solve. Have tried all the data and cache clearing and remove and add accounts. None of that is effective. It was useless.

MichaV

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here. HTC one dual sim. Until yesterday it worked fine, today it crashes when trying to compose, reply or forward an e-mail. It crashes when I try to enter text in the body. (forwarding an e-mail without entering text works) Android 5.0.2 Kernel 3.4.10

Emptying cache and all app data does not work. Any suggesions?

Bar_Foo

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
This problem seems to result from the latest HTC update to the Webview component. Uninstall that and mail works again. See the "Web viewer and Mail App Crashes" thread in the HTC One M8 forum (new here so I can't post links).

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
My recommendation is to get a new mail app. I got TypeApp and i dont have that issue anymore. It is pretty cool, except for the reduced font size when website emails or advertisements are received. Has lots of cool features and everything sends. All the wiping cache and factory setting stuff is a nuisance. Get a decent mail app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non