How do I transfer my SMS to Kit Kat?

Pritpal Sachdev

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Transfer of SMS to Kit Kat

Hi,

I upgraded my Galaxy Grand Duos (9082) to Cyanogenmod 11. Before upgrading i backed up all my sms to smsbackup+ .

When i am trying to restore it, kit kat does not show all the messages (even though smsbackup+ downloads all of them. This is happening in hangout and default SMS application also.

Please let me know is it possible to show all the previous messages before update to show in the default application.

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Transfer of SMS to Kit Kat

Hi,

I upgraded my Galaxy Grand Duos (9082) to Cyanogenmod 11. Before upgrading i backed up all my sms to smsbackup+ .

When i am trying to restore it, kit kat does not show all the messages (even though smsbackup+ downloads all of them. This is happening in hangout and default SMS application also.

Please let me know is it possible to show all the previous messages before update to show in the default application.

Well, try restoring them again that shouldn't be showing like this !

SigmundSL

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Transfer of SMS to Kit Kat

In KitKat you'll require to setup the SMS backup app as the default SMS manager for the phone. You can do that in the Settings of your Android and from there you'll got that solved :)