Lollipop 5.0 is a disgrace

mikepacman

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This app has just ruined my S5?!

No silent mode.
Can no longer unlock phone by having Gear Fit in range of it - why?!
Awful music integration - Spotify album art stays as lock screen after Spotify has long been fully closed
Sluggish transitions
No way to mark what is a sensitive app for lock-screen notifications, it's either Hide or View
The "Priority" etc. options I've heard banded around that supposedly replace the Silent mode I can't even access
Battery gets rinsed by it
When pressing Shutdown the phone just restarts, only way to shutdown is take the battery out!
Charging is a nightmare, phone constantly disconnects

Never had any issues with this phone before and now this awful update has come along! Are there any fixes for these, or any way to roll back to Jellybean? I can't believe this was allowed onto people's phones with the amount of bugs in it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

There is a do not disturb in Settings>sound.
The smart lock feature is in Settings>Security. You do need a lock on the screen in order to set that up, and it can connect to bluetooth devices.

Sharon Maunders

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having exact same problems since upgrade but don't seem to be getting any answers I'm paying for my phone which is no longer working must be someone who can sort this

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering why so many people jump the ship and abandoning a stable and fast OS like Kitkat AS SOON as a new version is released?? Instead of waiting out the mandatory "beta months/half year" trail n error peroid for all nasty bugs and incompatible issues to get sorted. Beats me anyway!! "If it works great, don't try to fix it" . . . .

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering why so many people jump the ship and abandoning a stable and fast OS like Kitkat AS SOON as a new version is released?? Instead of waiting out the mandatory "beta months/half year" trail n error peroid for all nasty bugs and incompatible issues to get sorted. Beats me anyway!! "If it works great, don't try to fix it" . . . .

Some people always like to have the latest software, even if they have to compromise.

Ryan Lente

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey bud i just got on Lollipop yesterday and i have a S5 as well and none of that has happened to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

pirateghostabc

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
My bluetooth has been broken ever since I screwed up and updated. Now when I receive a call on a device with bluetooth, the phone alarm and media volumes go to zero and stay there. I have to reboot to fix it. Nexus 5.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

You just nailed it! That's the whole point. People like jumping to the newest thing and complain after they did it. There will always be bugs after a big OS update, and that's a fact. There are videos, reviews and complaints about the new Android version. You have to decide if you want to take the risk. Well ... or just wait until things run smoothly.

I like that kind of risk and updated to lollipop as soon as I received the notification. Maybe I was lucky, but I'm very happy with that decision. A couple of tweaks and my phone is better than ever.

I thought differently with my tablet, though. I have a quite old ipad 2. Great device by the way. I decided to stay put and it's still running 6.1. I didn't want to spoil the pleasure of using it, so I missed TWO major updates. And it's going to be that way until the reviews say that 8.x doesn't spoil that pleasure. As simple as that.

Android is the best mobile platform, by far. But there's a risk. You have to take some decisions, and deal with them. All of us are going to share our problems with a new update and try to find a way to fix them. But talking about how lollipop sucks or it's a disgrace ... well ... I can't understand that.

Phew! Sorry about this rant. :)

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Why can't google do all the testing and beta first before releasing it..

Posted via Android Central App

rob1986g

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Phone is running slowly, can't get Spotify on my lock screen and the transition between apps or simply pressing the bottom left button on my s5 takes ages. Phone is annoying not broken though.

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Why can't google do all the testing and beta first before releasing it..

Posted via Android Central App
Well, in a perfect world that would be ideal of course. But all new OS (MS, Apple, Google etc) have major flaws after new releases. It's just a fact since there is no company that can simulate thousands, or millions, of users way to use the OS. The resources are just not there for this kind of testing. There for the real bug finding starts after release.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Calling Lollipop a disgrace is a bit over the top. The bugs will get worked out. It seems to work okay on my Nexus VI. It's fast enough and the difference in the look is not terribl. I've had that phone since Friday and have already had one random reboot. I can deal with that as I already know Lollipop is not as stable and bug-free as Kit Kat.

5.0.2 may be even more improved whenever AT&T sends it out.

No, a disgrace it is not but I certainly don't see what all the excitement is about either.

from the venerable Note 3π

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yar there are some bugs here and there - tho neither my S5 nor Nexus6 had any major issues with Lolipop so far (with my Nexus reseting itself once in 2 weeks) and my bank's mobile app not working (but that's bank app's issue most likely).
Also from what I read next version might be 5.1, hopefully everything will get neat and stable then :)

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
lollipop is better than kitkat at release. the only thing i dislike is the fragmented color scheme. thank god for aosp roms and cm theme manager.

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop is beautiful and efficient. Don't underestimate the importance of this as Android goes toe to toe with IOS. And for a "version 1" it has surprisingly few bugs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch