Unknown wakelocks in KitKat 4.4.2

FerSch

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
As many people, the battery of my Galaxy Core 2 drains very fast.
I installed Gsam battery monitor to see why my battery is draining so fast, and there is a process under Kernel Wakelocks that is constantly active and I don't know what it is. I found nothing on Google and tried two antivirus but nothing. This process is "mrvlgpshal" and it can be seen in the attached image.
procesos_android.png

Does anyone have a clue about what could it be?

Thanks a lot!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
As many people, the battery of my Galaxy Core 2 drains very fast.
I installed Gsam battery monitor to see why my battery is draining so fast, and there is a process under Kernel Wakelocks that is constantly active and I don't know what it is. I found nothing on Google and tried two antivirus but nothing. This process is "mrvlgpshal" and it can be seen in the attached image.
View attachment 169022

Does anyone have a clue about what could it be?

Thanks a lot!

Do you have Google Now Cards active? Could be the Google Location Services constantly running.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since there's absolutely no reference to that "app" on the internet, I'm guessing that it's a virus or other malware.

FerSch

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello! Thanks all of you for your answers!
I have tried with two or three antivirus and malware software and they detected nothing. It could be the case that none of the most common programs would solve the problem, but I don't know more sofisticated methods.

FerSch

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I sent the phone to technical revision, they deleted the software and resintalled. The "mrvlgpshal" process is still there, and my battery keeps draining.
Android has completely disappointed me!