How to stop the upgrade to lollipop nag?

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I downgraded from Lollipop to Kit Kat but now I get a nag to upgrade all the time and a notification that there is a system update. How do I stop this? I tried this one app which is a CMD dos app to block KNOX but when I ran it even thought it found my device when I try to list the apps to block any of them it says file not found so is there an easier straight forward way to do this?

I have a Note 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Blocking Knox won't stop the update. You have to root the KitKat ROM, then freeze the updater app.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Tried to root from the guide on this page but it always files saying NAND write failed:

How To Root N910CXXU1ANJ4 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C | True Android

2aenyoo.jpg

I tried with both Odin 3.07 and Odin 3.09

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
nevermind, I give up on this, I'm just gonna use this lollicrap and never buy any Android phone again! Don't give the users the freedom of choosing the OS they want without bugging the living heck out of them and offering an OS upgrade to cripple older devices.........just like Apple does!

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
nevermind, I give up on this, I'm just gonna use this lollicrap and never buy any Android phone again! Don't give the users the freedom of choosing the OS they want without bugging the living heck out of them and offering an OS upgrade to cripple older devices.........just like Apple does!

Honestly this is the exact reason my next phone will probably not be an Android phone. And I have always had HTC and Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87