Moto Xoom 4.1.2 Google Play Store Delayed Start ~5mins & then slow DL speed...

sicnus

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Motorola Xoom with Android 4.1.2 it's not rooted or anything - it's WiFi only. The Google Play Store recently developed a Delayed Start after it shows me I have updates, I click the notification and finally after around ~5mins it starts up & then when I do updates the DL speed is terrible slow. Other devices connected to the WiFi work fine - no speed issues. I'm fairly certain the slow DL speed is related to the Google Play Store slowness...

I tried to help myself. I have searched around using Google & get most of the slow DL speed issues. I have ES Task Manager & have cleaned caches & killed processes. Nothing I have done seems to help. The tablet seems fine otherwise. Other then a factory reset back to day 1 - is there anything else I can do? I have never had issues with this before & have little knowledge in how to proceed.

I know this is an old device, but it still works great for my uses & I really love this thing. Any help, advice, & comments are appreciated. Oh, & I found this forum by way of the Windows Central Forums, my main device is a Nokia Lumia 928 / VZW. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition, which is different from clearing app caches (and also doesn't erase any personal data):

1. Ensure your tablet is off.
  2. Turn on the tablet, while the tablet is showing Motorola logo, press the volume down key.
  3. Keep pressing volume down key till "Android recovery text" shows up in top left corner
  4. Press volume up key to place tablet in Android recovery mode
  5. While talbet is showing Android recovery screen, press and hold the power button.
  6. While power button is pressed, press and release volume up key
  7. You should be prompted with: wipe data/factory reset option
  8. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition.”
  9. Press Power to select.
  10. After the cache partition wipe is complete, highlight "Reboot system now" and press Power.

sicnus

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
WOW! Not only did this seem to resolve the issue, it seems very snappy again (overall)! Thank you!
If I may impose, I love this Xoom. What would the modern equivalent be today - I don't need the latest & greatest but a year or so old would be fine. Whatever you think though... Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking for a smaller or bigger tablet? For 7", I'd probably go for a 2013 Nexus 7, which still performs admirably today (I have one). For something bigger, consider the Nexus 9. But there are lots of other decent options from the last year or so, like the ASUS Zenpad 8, the Dell Venue 8 4000 series, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S and Tab Pro tablets.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, the Samsung Tab S 10.5 and Tab Pro 10.5 are worth a look. These are a bit older, but still good. The Tab A 9.7 is newer, but not necessarily more powerful.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty