Annoying thing when turning on mobile data

jBerns

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Since I removed the SIM card from my dual sim phone BQ Aquaris M5 (I only have 1 SIM card in the phone at the moment) running android Marshmallow, every time I try to turn on my mobile data, I get this annoying pop-up message:

"the SIM card used for mobile data has been changed to SIM 1 (name of the mobile provider).
Do you want to enable data now?
- enable in automatic mode (2G/3G/4G)
- enable in mode 2G"

I choose the first one and the mobile data turns on, without a problem. So, although I have no issue in using mobile data on my phone, I was wondering if someone knew how to fix this annoying thing. (I tried to look it up but found no answer)

Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello jBerns, welcome to the forums. I've never used that particular device but the settings shouldn't be too different. Try this. Go to settings - SIM cards - tap on 'mobile data' (on the letters not the switch) and make sure that SIM 1 is selected (see screenshot). After doing this and in the same screen switch 'SIM slot 2' off. Tell us how it goes.

Attachments

• 1465047351954.jpg
    1465047351954.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 13

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There's another place where you could check. Go to settings - more networks - mobile networks and set 'preferred network type' for SIM 1. Some phones include a SIM manager preinstalled to set default actions for both SIM cards. I've never user a BQ device so not sure where it could be. Search for it and see if there's something in there that can be changed.